CHAPTER 12

-Mia Dawson-

What? What are they doing here?

What is just happening?

I looked Axel for some answers but I get none other than silence.

But... what is my mum doing with that Robert guy anyway?

"So... are you guys going to tell me what is happening exactly? And mum what are you even doing here? Is it because I broke the curfew?"

Still I get no answers from them. They look at each other waiting for each other responses about who should break the silence first I guess.

This situation is driving me insane. What else would be bad other than being a filthy being as am?

"Okay, either any of you are going to say a word or am leaving" I say and pass through them.

As I was just about to open the front door, huge lightening strikes along with enormous sound of thunder, great enough to look like it actually hit me. I was startled for a moment that it actually strikes me.

"You are not leaving anywhere dear" I hear a grumpy hoarse voice behind me. I turned to see an old man. He was dressed up quite well. He had white hair due to his old age maybe and he was paler than anything like he is the palest being I have ever seen.

"Who are you" I mumble. I Donna why but I feel frightened more like intimidated by him some way. He seems to be dangerous, a person you should not mess with I think.

He dint speak but came closer to me and raised his hands to pat my head and ruffled my hair.

"You have grown to be a beautiful lady "he smiled.

I backed up a little and hand combed up my messed up hair.

"Uhm... do I know you" I questioned the stranger before me.

"You can call me grandpa and i am no stranger, Mia" he spoke and I look at my mum for answers but she just looked at her feet not wanting to look up.

Even Robert is not looking up from his feet. I feel strangely odd with this scenario. My gaze fell on Axel next who is looking at me with fright which I donna why. But am glad at least he is looking at me!

"How are you feeling, my dear" the so-called 'grandpa' spoke.

"Not good" I speak up hesitant to see his eyes so I look at his chest instead but he raised my chin up. I saw his deep blue – no more like it was grey eyes. I couldn't help stare at it for a longer time. It somehow felt like home.

"Everything is for your own good" he said.

My own good? What? How is being a monster good?

"You are not a monster; everything has its own meaning. Faith is the keyword and believes what you must. Change is inevitable, if you don't try to accept the change, you may stop but time flows" he says answering my thoughts and I know he is right, and I accept who I am but accepting it doesn't change what I am.

"Wait.... Did...did you just read my mind?" I ask. No one can do that can they?

"Oh every pureblood can do that, you can too but you need a bit of training "he shrugged it off as if it's a normal thing to say.

"It is quite a normal thing, my dear child" he answers my thoughts again. Oh god I cannot even think anything in front of him!!!

He chuckled clearly because he heard my thoughts yet again.

"Now shall we go?" he asks.

"Go where?" I enquire.

"Our home"

"Our home? You mean my home right? "I ponder looking at my mum who is shaking not able to see me.

"No ours, right Stacey?" he asks facing my mum. No one says anything. Not even my mum corrects him for calling her with wrong name. The situation has become more intimidating. And the only person who is calm is Richard like he doesn't really care for anything that could possibly happen. But I do.

"She is Sasha, my mum, not Stacey" I correct him as my mum is not saying anything.

"No I never mistake identifying a shifter" he speaks still not breaking his starefrom my mum who is shaking more than before.
"Give her a chance to explain at least" Axel stood between them protecting mum from soothing really dangerous eyes which is now focused on Axel. But I don't even care what is going to happen because and I know the next few words of truth would be terrifying enough to break me.

"You have had your way till now and I don't care less for your pawns" he remarked back at Axel. The both scowling death glare at each other.

"I- i am sorry" mum suddenly broke into a pool of tears and fell on ground. I quickly walked over to her wiping her tears, hugging her to calm down, I couldn't help but cry along with her, I have never seen her, this crushed. My heart hurt hard and is suffocated seeing her like mess and I don't even know why this is happening!?