12: 'THIS LADY REALLY WENT HAM'

A/N:

Case one is almost done with one chapter left to post! I hope you enjoy this one :-)

- - -

12: 'THIS LADY REALLY WENT HAM'

AKA THE TIME MINWOO FOUND THE BODY (+1)

"Whoa, this place is... creepy."

Grayson hitched an eyebrow at the quiet, small hallway of the apartment complex they sneaked into. They've skipped out of the main road and jumped into a mess of alleyways and peaking shops. Medicinal places with big jars full of roots dunked in some sort of mineral water, shoe repair shops with stained windows, and places who sold glass baubles.

Minwoo led Grayson into the maze like an expert, smiled despite the heaviness he felt - both in head and bones, feeling like he was filled to the brim with sludge - and realized he was moving like water around the people and shadows to keep out of cameras.

Once, he had paused him into a shade of a closed up shop and discreetly pointed at the two cameras that can capture anything that moved if they went ahead. They waited until a sweeper with a small cart of trash came by.

Now they were here after reaching up an apartment complex's building with Minwoo pressing the buttons for it with his quick, gloved thumb. When they reached the floor, Grayson shivered.

"D'you have the key?" he asked as Minwoo stopped at the door 206. Then he crouched and pulled out his silvers. "Right, yeah lockpicking. Should've guessed." As Minwoo worked, Grayson felt awkward in the silence, feeling the thrum of headache quietly simper into a corner as the drug finally kicked in.

When the door clicked open, Minwoo trudged in, Grayson following not soon after.

The place was, by standards, normal. A cramped apartment with the bed compacted close to the bathroom door. The sofa was in front of a bookshelves lined with your standard books you don't actually read, and a TV that was - upon inspection - unplugged. The place was normal if not a little too tidy like a hotel room is.

"What's this place?"

"The prosecutor's secret stowaway place." Minwoo went around the kitchen and took out a water bottle, the only thing inside. "This is my water before you can make comment on it. He hasn't been here in years, bought it sometime before he became prosecutor - before he was married. He had a name change just before he was married, so this place isn't precisely accessible but it's also not securely hidden away with some intense sources." Minwoo met his stare, his eyes sharp. "And that's very clever."