07: 'AS LONG AS HE'S NOT DEAD THEN'

A/N:

As noted before, I won't be posting the action scene for plagiarism issues and relevancy to the main plot. I might change my mind once I go through the second draft and include it. For now, we'll settle this cannibal business to an end since it's a subplot.

But... there is a reason why the first subplot case is about cannibalism. Let's just say we may never know who we meet on the other side of the street... or face to face. That's all I'm saying because that already gives a big hint :-)

dedicated to maybemarvel for all the wonderful comments and support :-)

07: 'AS LONG AS HE'S NOT DEAD THEN'

AKA THE TIME THEY WEREN'T PRECISELY DISCREET

"MADAM."

THE GUY in the middle with a nondescript suit just like the two guards flanking him bowed, his hands holding a gold tablet with APOLLO on the back of it. "We are pleasantly surprised at your arrival. If we had known you were a potential client of the Pink Box business in advance, things would've gone much smoother."

They stop just in front of them. The Madam was short, barely passing Minwoo and Grayson's shoulders with their rigid stances and empty gaze, but she held an aura that demanded authority. Everyone else around her were foot soldiers with nondescript faces.

But the two can feel eyes assessing them, no doubt going through records and facial recognition to check who they were.

As far as Minwoo was concerned, they weren't going to find any. It was standard for the Madam to have her soldiers' records wiped, and all the agent had to do was clean up their records so far after release, leaving only bits where it could be interpreted as being under the Madam's employ.

Minwoo almost smiled at the reminder of that little fact.

"Do you even know how hard is to remove all records of you under the main database? How are you even sure these criminals have access to nationwide -"

"They have political clients and conglomerate families, obviously. Their names are listed on the file I sent you, and since there's a forty percent chance that one of those high profile clients are lying about why they need the particular hospital - it's most likely because they're part of the underground clientele. They can have access to nationwide database if one political people eater wants assurance of his little secret kept a secret."

It was really odd sometimes, how some things made the agent's mouth snapped shut in shock. They were living in the world were monsters ran high and dry, almighty at the throne made of the working class. And these things still shock the boy silly.