05: 'I'M NOT SURE THAT'S A COMPLIMENT'

A/N:

IMPORTANT !!! WARNING

After writing the part itself, the following chapters - 5 to 7, is a subplot concerning a cannibal case. It won't be descriptive and will skip the action part entirely. The more I thought about it, it would be best to cut it out entirely on the reasons that 01 - it's not essential to the main plot in itself. 02 - I can just safely store it once again just in case of plagiarism issues.

This way, the story stays comedic + action-y without getting too brutal with the description and wouldn't get distracted by the main cases. I hope you guys understand. I've just seen so much cases of plagiarism and helpless writers that I'm really just staying wary.

05: 'I'M NOT SURE THAT'S A COMPLIMENT'

AKA THE TIME MINWOO GOT VERY EXCITED

"I need help," the prosecutor proclaimed.

Grayson pursed his lips and fully sat down. "Yes, well, we kind of got that considering Agent Kim doesn't particularly like us. Though what does that say about you?"

"Excuse me?" He was a short man but lean, and he stood straight on their sofa like he was being questioned for selling nuclear data plans. Grayson knew the feeling, but he isn't sure this is the right time to say so.

His suit was pristine and pressed, hair thinning but fixed rigidly with gel. Grayson saw the old wedding band, the tightness of his position and made mental notes with a pleasant smile. Minwoo didn't hide the fact that he was scouting the poor man from head to toe; eyes narrowed and lips set into a child's petulant frown.

Grayson leaned back on the chair pulled from their semblance of a dining table. It was plastic, hard and incredibly uncomfortable, but Grayson made it look like he was sitting on luxury.

"Well you see... Prosecutor Jang, we're not precisely the heroes of the story. Some might say. And Agent Kim doesn't really like us, so why would he refer to you to us if he didn't like you too?"

The prosecutor swept his eyes from him to Minwoo, who stared back as stoically and demeaning, before settling on Grayson's smiley face.

"Well..." he cleared his throat. "I've known Agent Kim for a long time, and one of his superiors is my friend actually. I asked if there were people who could help me with something... delicate. Without arousing the public."

Grayson nodded. "That's true. The public likes to get aroused."

The prosecutor blinked, trying to make sense of that, before he decidedly shook his head and ignored it. Smart for someone to understand that trying to understand Grayson Wang was an impossible, frustrating feat.