Chapter 2-3

Twilight Syndrome Murder Case
Motive Life
Day 8
Free Time Event #4

Soooo....I ended up sleeping for a whole day. Guess those pain pills really did work. Getting up from my bed and seeing the vanilla folder on my desk, I grabbed it and placed it on the very top shelf...using 5 stools to reach the top. I'm not letting this be the reason of the next murder.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"Oh, Rion! Why haven't you been out for the past few days?" Mahiru came up to me with Hiyoko...literally nowhere nearby. Strange.

"Wasn't feeling good. What's up with you?" I asked as we sat down on the chairs by the pool. "The females are having a get-together at the beach on the 2nd island tomorrow. Are you going?" Mahiru asked as I shrugged. "Maybe...are you go...ing?" I noticed and saw her looking at the ground...she looked sincerely upset about something.

"You look upset. Are you okay?" I asked as she sighed and handed me a photo. It was of Sato and Mahiru, who was smiling in a photo...In the Hope's Peak uniform...well, Sato was in the Reserve Course Uniform. Mahiru was in the Main Course Uniform. Well shit.

"Monokuma said that this was our motive and that a few more people are getting photos as well. He said one of them have photos already" She explained as I, wanting to take her mind of it, gotten up and motioned her to follow me. We both walked back to my cottage, only to be greeted by...a peeping toms...well two of them, who wasn't Teruteru and Teruteru.

"What the hell is this shit?" I said as both Kazuichi and Hajime turned around and saw us standing behind them. They both jumped up and tried to run from me and Mahiru.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"Seriously!? I saw you in that room! How did you-"

"Did you seriously forget my talent?"

"Ohh....Ultimate Psychic"

"No. It's Ultimate I'll sidekick you"

"Please don't kick me! Kick Hajime!" Kazuichi and Hajime started to bicker on whose taking the blame. I sighed, getting both of their attentions. "I'll let you both go...but don't do it again" I said, untying the duo as they sighed in relief before walking out. After that, both me and Mahiru left the cafe and went to the lobby of the hotel.

"So...I have a question" Mahiru asked as I nodded and sat across from her. "How come you don't talk about your family much?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that you rarely speak of family when it's brought up during our time together when we eat" She added as I slowly nodded. "Well, I wanted to ask, what inspired you to do photography?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Well...my mother was a war photographer, so I guess I gotten inspired...and compared mine to hers. Your nothers photos are kind of similar to my moms-"

"Except she captures the lives of the Yakuza...and our childhood, pretty much..." I said, as we both shared some of our favorite photos. Apparently, she takes photos of everything and doesn't erase them, regardless of how bad they are.

We both ended up walking around the 1st and 2nd island, taking random photos of everybody and everything. Hiyoko joined in and tagged along with us. At the end of the day, I somehow ended up with 3 Usami dolls...and Mahiru has photo evidence of that.

"I want a cute photo taken of me!" Hiyoko said, sitting down and started to squish some ants...and Mahiru took a photo of that. Short people are cute...when they aren't angry. I forget that I'm short.

"Can your camera take video recordings?" I asked as she nodded, making me turn towards Hiyoko, who had a confused look on her face. "What?" She asked as I stood up, an idea popped in my head. "This idea just came to me...but we should have a mini-concert. Hiyoko with her dancing, Ibuki with her singing, Mahiru can record...and...everyone else just helps out" I said as they both looked at each other, but looked back at me and nodded.

"That's a good idea. Let's do it after the all-girls day tomorrow" She said as I nodded and smiled. Mahiru took a photo of that. "You never smile" She simply said as we stayed at the farm and talked about random things while Hiyoko was squishing some bugs. Poor bugs.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"So...the reason I'm here is because..."

"Young master wants the photos" Peko dragged me from my cottage to the beach. May I add, it was way past the nighttime curfew.

"What photos?" I feigned ignorance as she sighed. "Feigning ignorance is not your thing. Just give the photos to me so I can deliver them to young master" She said bluntly as I raised an eyebrow at her. "Why? They have nothing to do with you"

"It actually does. I saw him play the same game you did. However, he didn't get the prize, which was the photos. Besides, why do you need them?" She asked as I shook my head. "There's a good reason why I'm not giving them to him. He's definently going to kill someone if he gets his hands on those" I stated and started to walk away, only to have Peko's bamboo sword block my path. I glanced towards Peko, who had her usual stern expression.

"If you know what's good for him, don't try and get the photos" I said, moving the sword out of my path, but she quickly moved in front of me. "Sorry, but I can not do that" She said as I sighed. "Okay then. Answer me this. He gets the photos, sees them, kills someone related to the motive and gets exposed in the trial. What are you going to do once he's executed?" I asked as she furrowed her eyebrows, but kept her stern expression, not answering my question.

"I know how much you care for him. If you don't want him to die, stop asking for the photos. Tell him he's not getting them and that I'm burning them" I said sternly, sighing and stormed off to my cottage.

I didn't sleep that night. What I did after I went to my cottage consists of me grabbing the folder and went to the beach, starting a bonfire. "I'm not letting this be the reason of the next murder..." I said silently before tossing the folder into the fire, watching it burn.

Turns out, I ended up spending the night at the beach, watching the fire consume the vanilla folder containing the things to make him snap.

●Word Count: 1137●