Chapter Twelve: Married for Morgan

(Title Credit: Ceci Funes |@  CeciFunes4 | Twitter)
—————————————————
   Tony looked into the grand mirror in front of him.

"Do I look okay?" Tony asked Rhodey.

Rhodey came up behind him, hugging him and tucking his head right next to Tony's. "You look divine," he said into the mirror. "And your bride looks exquisite."

Tony turned to look at Rhodey. "Thank you," he said, kissing his cheek. "I needed that."

"Anytime, man. Now come on, they're all waiting for you."

Tony stepped out of his dressing room nervously, Rhodey leading him up to alter.

Peter came out of the hall, dressed in a fine suit, throwing pink flowers down the isle.

Pepper followed after, Rhodey walking with her arm and arm. Natasha and Wanda holding her long skirts.

Pepper stepped up to the alter. "Don't you look dashing," she commented to Tony.

Tony blinked in surprise, as he was distracted by how incredible she looked.

"You look.. beautiful," he said.

Pepper smiled. "Thank you."

The priest started with the wedding speech, and Dum-E chugged up to the alter, smacking into the pews clumsily and leaking oil all down the isle.

Tony looked horrified and embarrassed, feeling like he was ruining the wedding, but Pepper just giggled at the sight.

Tony gave a relieved grin, laughing at his first creation, who was just trying his best.

   Dum-E held out two rings on an a soggy, oil-drenched pillow.

   The two picked up the dented and dirty rings, who quickly switched them with Rhodey, who carried the real ones.

   Tony patted Dum-E on the head. "You did good," he said.

   Dum-E whirred in appreciation, rolling off to the side.

   The two looked at each other with the same goofy smile on their face.

   The priest continued his long speech about marriage.

   "Get a load of this guy," Tony whispered to Pepper.

   "I'll take care of it," she said under her breath.

   Pepper winked to her bridesmaids, who reacted immediately. Natasha and Wanda quietly conversed with the priest and walked him off stage.

   Carol motioned Nick Fury to the front.

   Nick stood in the priest's place. Clearing his throat, he said, "I now present y'all motherfuckers to changing of rings and sipping from the same dirty ass cup."

   Tony and Pepper switched rings and drank from the same cup.

   "You gonna treat this girl with respect?" He asked Tony.