Chapter Nineteen: (Iron)STRANGEr Things with Stark

TW: SEXUAL CONTENT
——————————————
Stephen poured over his ancient tomes. "Gods, Parker. The mess."
   "He's a good kid," Tony said from the doorway. He placed a shot of tequila next to Stephen, turning Stranger Things on the television.
   Stephen quirked an eyebrow.
   Tony shrugged. "Helps me when I'm stressing."
   Strange knocked the shot back, wiping his mouth. "Stark, you seem off."
   Tony placed the bottle on the table, leaning over Stephen. "I think it's time for my appointment, Doctor."
   "Whatever for?" Stephen asked, confused.
   "My dick appointment."
   Strange had a deer in the headlights look. "Well, that is very forward."
   Tony leaned closer. "I want you."
   Stephen's face reddened. He crossed his arms, hiding his bulge. "You're drunk, aren't you? You're married, for crying out loud!"
   "No, I'm not."
   "Yes. You are. To both of those."
   "I'm unfortunately not drunk, and I'm also not your Tony."
   "What?"
   "The Tony you know, he is married. I'm not from here."
   "Prove it."
   Tony took off his hoodie, an older model of the arc reactor lying in his chest.
   "You're not dead?"
   "My world fell to chaos. I didn't sacrifice myself in mine for Thanos."
   "Selfish."
   "You did."
   Stephen's face softened. "What?"
   "I had the gauntlet. I was willing to make the sacrifice for my family. For you. For all of you."
   "Keep talking."
   "And you couldn't fathom the loss of me. You opened a portal to come and talk some sense into me as my hand went through it. Thanos threw a rock and missed me, in turn, hitting you. The lack of focus caused you to accidentally close the portal. And my arm was sheared with it."
   Stephen looked taken aback. "I'm so sorry."
   Tony unlatched a hidden flesh-colored covering on his arm. Robotic pieces shined under the dim light. "I lost you that day. I've missed you."
   "Stark-," Stephen ran a hand over Tony's prosthetic arm.
   Tony sat on his lap. "I love you. More than I can say." He tucked a piece of hair behind Stephen's ear.
   "I love you, too." Stephen's heart ached. He still loved the Tony in his world but would never mess with his marriage and family life. He was happy for him, glad that his Tony was able to figure it out with Pepper. Happy Morgan still had a father. Now, it was once again their time to save the world. And he just hoped he could do what he did best, save lives.
Stephen placed his hands on Tony's thighs.
Tony kissed his forehead, the desire for the man he once held growing. His body was aching for him.
   Tony had a fling with Bruce for a while, but it never lasted. He had tried a relationship with Steve Rogers after Stephen had passed. But that dickhead left him for Peggy the minute the opportunity showed. He knew their friendship was fucked since the Avengers civil war, but he was stupid and listened to his heart.
   Tony stood, putting a hand on Stephen's face. "Your beard is trimmed evenly."
   "Wakanda technology. My hands are once again rather steady. Not perfect, but far better off than they used to be." Stephen came to his feet, pushing Tony against a wall. "I think you need a full examination."
   Tony looked up at the man. "Take this damn shirt off."
   Stephen did as he was told, pulled Tony in, and placed his lips against his.
   Tony loosened Stephen's belt, unbuttoning his jeans with one hand. "No pants in my presence," he said, sliding them off.
   Stephen placed warm, wet kisses along Tony's neck.
   Tony lightly trailed his finger just under Stephen's waistband, grazing over his firm shaft.
   Stephen gave a small, needy groan in response, cupping Tony's ass in his hand.
"Start sucking, or I'm using the belt."
   "Yes, sir."
——————————————————————
   "Is that my shirt?" Stephen asked.
   "Nope."
   "Tony, it's down to your thighs."
   "Well, it's mine now."
   Stephen gave a small smile. "Fine, keep it. It suits you."
   "That's what I thought. Now, I had an idea for the portals."
   "I'm listening."
   "Thanos."
   "I'm sorry?"
   "In a world where he was successful, we get the infinity gauntlet."
   "Okay..?"
   "Snap half the portals."
   "That is less of a hassle than worrying about destroying timelines with the time stone."
   "Exactly."
   "But what about the other portals?"
   "I was getting there."
  "So, what's the plan there?"
   "I said, I'm getting there."
   Stephen sighed. "There has to be something e we can do. Preferably without any more sacrifices."
"You remember the huge time travel thing we built?"
"Please, let's not fuck with time any more than we already have. It's bad enough we're leaking people from other dimensions."
"That's not where I was going, idiot."
"Stop being a big-headed twat." Stephen's cloak wrapped around his shoulders. "I can do it myself if I must."
"Oh, nice cloak. Did you get it from Party City?"
"Nice superiority complex. Did your crippling need for validation give it to you?"
Tony narrowed his eyes. "And I thought you fixed that ego of yours."
Stephen glared back. "I could say the same thing about you."
"Do you want my help or not?"
Stephen groaned in exasperation.
"So yes."
"Yes, fine."
Tony smiled victoriously. "Ironstrange."
"Shipping? Are you daft?"
"No, not like that." Tony hesitated. "Well, yes. More of that. But I meant you."
"Me?"
"I've got a suit and I need someone to use it. Someone I trust."
"You're joking."
"Do I look like I'm joking?"
"Yes, honestly."
"Well, I'm not."
"Stark."
"Strange."
Stephen pursed his lips. "God, you're stubborn. Fine, we'll have it your way."
"I always get it my way." Tony smirked.
——————————————————————
   Stephen stepped into the older iron man suit model. "Tony, are you sure about this?"
   "I've never been more sure of anything in my life."
   "You look sick."
   Tony wiped the cold, clammy sweat from his forehead. "I'm alright, doc."
  "And as a doctor I am telling you that you are not."
   "Forget about me. I can't stay in this realm. Right now, there's a battle against a shit ton of villains from different galaxies and dimensions. Different multiverses. It's only a matter of time before another Thanos comes through. Or worse."
   "So go with us."
   "Stephen, I can't."
   "Why not?"
   "I'm dying. The technology doesn't exist in my world to make a hell of a reactor like the one your Tony has. I have terminal cancer from the blast back when I got this damn thing in my chest."
   "..what? Why didn't you say anything sooner? We can save you."
   "I don't want to be saved. Chemo just made me sick, so I stopped. There's nothing more I can do about it. I'm living on borrowed time."
   "Please, let us help you."
   "Do me one thing. Please. I couldn't save my Peter. Do your damn best to protect that kid."
   "Tony, no. I can't just let you die."
   Tony took the arc reactor out of his chest.
   "Tony, no. Stop."
   Tony set the arc reactor in the hole on Stephen's iron man armor. "I want to be with you. I want to go home."
   "Then stay with me, let me go with you back home."
   "You know that's a selfish, stupid idea." Tony gave a weak smile. "Please. If there is a god, one without hammers and evil siblings, that's where you'd go." He placed a hand on Stephen's chest. "And if God is true, and God is kind.. even I can be forgiven. Let me go home to my Stephen."
   Stephen shed a tear. "Don't.."
   "I don't care what universe it's in, it's you. It's always you." Tony smiled faintly, his eyes becoming hard to open.
   Stephen laid him down against the table, reaching for the arc reactor in his chest.
   "TAILOR, (Tony Artificial Iron-Man Original Reconstruction) go to the coordinates of the battle. Don't stop until you get there."
   "Tony, no. TAILOR, no. Stop, no."
   "TAILOR, override." Tony slipped in and out of consciousness.
   The suit began to take off.
   "No, no no no no no. Go back! Override."
   "I'm sorry, hun. No can do," The AI replied.
   "Wha-," Stephen glanced at the corner of his screen.
   "Miss me?" An artificial intelligence of Tony from the multiverse smiled from the corner of the screen. "Tell you what, I feel a lot better now."
   "You-," Stephen huffed. "You're always one to make a scene."
"Let's go kick some ass, shall we?"