Chapter Twenty: Portals and Parents

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I'm thinking a few more chapters on Tony overcoming his PTSD/anxiety? Maybe a chapter on a trip to Disneyland with the kiddos? Anything else y'all wanna see?
————————————————————
   "Nice of you to join us!" Natasha yelled, catapulting off Yelena's human missile throw maneuver.
   "What the hell are you wearing?" Yelena asked.
   "Hold on, is that my suit?" Tony asked, fist smashed against an alien's face.
   "Long story short, yes but not technically." Stephen replied.
   "Knew that suit made my ass look good." Tony smirked, punching another alien.
   Ginger bit the alien's leg, and Pepper blasted a final blow to him.
   "Yeah, that's what the multiverse version of you thinks about mine," Stephen said.
   "My ass in my suit or your ass in my, well, I guess his suit?"
   "Both." Stephen blasted an evil kree from a different universe.
   "Sounds about right." Peter (Tom) rolled his eyes, leaping off of Miles's hands.
   "Aw, look how big he's gotten." TAILOR had a goofy smile.
   "Maybe not the best time for this?" Stephen replied to the AI Tony.
   "Portal opening behind you!" TAILOR said.
   Stephen turned. "Gods have mercy on my soul."
   "Wish granted," Loki replied, throwing their dagger at the first metal fish to come through.
   "Puny dagger," Professor Hulk stated.
   "At least I'm not compensating for my beast form like you, nitwit."
   "Loki, now is not the time to be arguing over who's got the best sausage," Thor grumbled. "I can remember multiple times I have proven that I am superior in that region."
   "Don't call it sausage, that's childish. I would prefer to fight this without an onslaught of dysphoria also kicking my ass."
   "I don't know, Mx. Loki, makes mine feel better," Peter (Tom) replied.
   "Just ask Jane, she'll tell you." Thor insisted.
   Jane scoffed. "Oh, please. Your dick energy couldn't even fathom mine."
   Valkyrie and Shuri giggled.
   "He-, they are just jealous," Thor grumbled.
   "This is somehow the gayest conversation I've heard today," Sam groaned.
   "I heard gayer this morning," Bucky responded.
   "Buck." Steve gave a stern look, throwing his shield towards a spider-like scorpion in the legs.
   "Hey, besides the point, did y'all motherfuckers now I get to use that shield in the other universe? I think that's a point to consider or you know, incorporate?" Sam said.
   "Over my dead body," Bucky growled.
   "Outrun me and I'll consider it." Steve smirked.
   "Well fuck me sideways." Tony watched as a woman came through a portal.
   "When and where?" Rhodey teased.
Quill halted in his tracks. "Mom?"
   Gamora kicked an Ultron robot. "I thought she was dead!"
   Nebula stabbed the robot in the back. "Great, another family reunion."
   "Lorraine?" Steve exclaimed.
   "Who the hell is Lorraine?" Quill asked.
   "That woman, I know her. She helped us back in the war."
   "Yeah, Peggy caught him smooching her and almost killed a bitch over it. Pretty badass, wish I could've seen it." Bucky chuckled.
   "I'm gonna bet the bitch was Steve," Sam said. "Fuckin bottom."
   "Wait, you kissed my mom?" Quill shouted. "What the hell dude?"
   "Lorraine's your mom?" Steve asked, startled.
   "Her name is Meredith, dipshit. And I watched her die!"
   "Can't even remember the name of your first kiss. Tragic." Sam shook his head, flying around an arrow one of the Hawkeye's shot.
   "Second," Steve grumbled.
   "Hello Peter," Meredith said, floating down to him.
   "Hey, for the record?" Peter (Tom) webbed a frost giant to the side of a skyscraper. "There's four of us, so you're gonna have to specify."
   She threw an energy ball at the boy, hitting him in the leg. "My son, we can put a stop to this. I'm on your side, Peter. I just came back from killing every Thanos known to multiverse-kind. Come home with me, come home with us. Your father misses you. I miss you. We can be a family again."
   "He put a fuckin brain tumor in your head!" Rocket exclaimed.
   "I am Groot," Groot agreed, angrily.
   "I'll have your head for this!" Drax screamed.
   "He will," Scott said cheerily.
   Wasp rolled her eyes.
   "I'll cut of his dick!" Deadpool yelled.
   "Not necessary." Quill shivered. "I don't wanna think about that."
   Meredith was knocked to the ground.
   An evil multiverse Scarlet Witch, consumed by the darkness, laughed. "How does it feel to have your family destroyed?"
   Meredith fumed. "Why you little bit-,"
   Dr. Strange flew into her, pushing her back through the portal into his perfect planet world.
   "You took my children!" Wanda screamed, flying after them. "You took my husband!" She pelted Meredith with magic bursts. "Now, I take your spouse! I take your son! I take you!"
   Stephen looked over at her in horror. "Wanda, listen to me. I know how the darkness holds. Please, let me help you. Peter is on our side."
   Wanda glared. "You don't understand the pain."
   "No, maybe not. But please, not like this."
   Meredith stood, looking at Quill. "Peter, I won't fight you."
   Stephen blasted her with the suit from one hand, magic from the other, where the suit was missing an arm for the other Tony's prosthetic.
   Wanda took a chunk from his castle, smashing it down on Meredith.
   "Need some reinforcements?" Tony asked, flying through and launching a missile. "Scott, operation Baby Groot!"
   "You got it!" Scott miniaturized, riding on a flying ant with Wasp by his side.
   "You work the core from the inside, I'll get it from the outside." Wasp said.
   "And maximize my size once I'm in," Scott finished.
"You're not my mom," Quill said angrily.
"I- I lost my son in my universe, I love you the same!" Meredith exclaimed.
Quill blasted her.
"Peter, no. I don't understand."
"You don't fool me, Ego." Peter Q shot again.
Meredith started coughing, a blew light emitting from her stomach.
Peter shot again, at the heart.
Meredith transformed into Ego. "Peter, don't make me do this. All I want is for us to be together."
"You will not fool me again." Quill pulled energy from the ground, closing his eyes. "This is my world now, not your world."
"Peter, it doesn't have to be like this."
Quill started closing the portals Ego had opened. "Stay out of my world. Stay out of my life."
A blast came from below.
"That's the core! We've gotta get out of here." Tony flew towards the portal, which was quickly closing. Stephen followed.
"Go," Scarlet Witch said. "Be with your family."
"I can hold him," Quill insisted.
Wanda grabbed Quill in a bubble of red magic, tossing him towards the portal.
"It's just you and me," she said, holding Ego down with all she had, the planet bursting into fragments around her.
——————————————————————
Quill fell onto the hard ground.
"Hey, you okay?" Tony asked, helping him up.
"That's gonna leave a bruise." Quill rubbed the back of his head.
"Guys," Peter (Tom) said. "The portals. They're all gone."
Peter (amazing) looked down at himself. "We'll I'm neither blipped or portal-ed."
"This is not good," Peter (original said. "This isn't good at all."
Miles frowned, watched the last of the chitauri fall from the sky. "We've gotta get home."
Professor Hulk transformed into Bruce, his Stark-designed stretchy pants changing with him. "Well, if no one else is against it, I might have an idea."
"First, shawarma." Tony rubbed his eyes.
"No nose goes," Clint yelled.
Of course, Steve was last. "This is gonna be pricey," he sighed.
——————————————————————
"The time machine concept," Bruce said in between bites. "It worked. But instead of going back in time, we go across time."
"Alright, how do we manage that?" Tony asked.
"I may have an idea," one of the Peters said.
"I'm all ears," Stephen replied, arms crossed.
——————————————————————
"Hypothetically, if this works, you should go back to your own universe at exactly this time." Bruce pointed to a button. "This will send whoever it is back to their respective world by reading their unique DNA."
"So uh, who's first?" Peter (amazing) asked.
"I volunteer," Peter (original) said quietly.
"Right this way," Bruce said.
Peter (og) stepped into the machine, the glass closing in front of him. He gave a thumbs up.
Bruce pressed a button, Peter disappearing into a blur.
"How do we know it worked?" Tony asked.
"We gave him a comm link. He should be able to reach the AI in my suit, it's from a different dimension, therefore a different wavelength." Stephen said.
"Incoming transmission," TAILOR stated.
"Accept."
"Hey guys," Peter (og) said cheerily. "I made it home. I can't believe I got through to you, I was honestly unsure of whether it would work."
Stephen smiled in relief. "It's good to see you." He turned to the others. "Trial successful. Let's send you boys home."