Chapter 4

John had become more comfortable with Eve being exposed to hunting. She was learning how to shoot a gun  defend herself, etc. Sam and Dean were always protecting her and training her for her future, not wanting their baby sister to be unprepared. Eve didn't mind at all. In fact, she thought that the training was bonding time with her family. She enjoyed it.

Well, John was hunting a bunch of vampires and they were hitting close to home. They had decided to go to his motel and take what he loved, because he took away their father while he was hunting. They found Eve inside, studying for her English test. She was currently 10 years old. They kidnapped her with ease and knocked her out, quickly carrying her to the truck out front. Sam and Dean had left her alone to go out and get something from a local library while John went out to get dinner.

When they got back, they found the kitchen a mess. Chairs were knocked over and there was some blood on the wall. There was also a note.

"You took what we love most. So we're taking it back..." John read aloud. His heart sank. "Eve. They've got her."

Sam and Dean immediately went to work. They searched all across the town for her. John was in beast mode. Someone had messed with the baby of the family, and to make it worse, the baby girl. They signed a death contract the moment they stepped in that motel room.

~

Eve woke up tied to a chair, her head hurting pretty bad. She tugged on the ropes but they didn't budge. She was stuck.

"Good! You're awake," said a voice. It was a man. He was tall with blond hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a brown hoodie and jeans.

"Who are you?" Eve asked, trying to stall until her family found her.

"Who am I? Who am I?? I'm the one that your father destroyed. He destroyed my family! He took away our leader. We had never hurt anyone! We lived off animal hearts!" Shouted the man, getting closer and closer to her until he was screaming in her face. "He took away everything. I'm just returning the favor. You're his weakspot. He loves you more than anything in this world. You're his baby girl, his princess. He would do anything for you."

"He's going to find me! My brothers too! And he's gonna hurt you!" Eve cried. The blond man laughed.

"Do you really think I'm scared of some puny human? When he sees what I'm gonna do to you, he'll collapse in tears and beg for your mercy," he smirked. Then he smacked Eve across the face. She winced and the chair rocked a little. "That's not even a little taste of what I'm going to do to you, little girl."

"Stop... You don't have to hurt me... You're right, I'm his girl. I can convince him to not kill you! But if you hurt me he will," Eve begged. She was scared. She just wanted to be with her family.

"No, he can kill me when he gets here. I just want to have fun with you," he smirked. "I want my revenge."

~

Finally, Dean found his sister. John and Sam were there almost immediately and together they burst in. They killed whatever came at them and heard Eve screaming, crying, and begging for mercy. This caused the men to get even angrier, if possible, and they raised hell trying to get to her.

John kicked the door in and the man pulled away from her. He had beaten the girl black and blue, broken her leg, and stabbed her in the shoulder. John and Dean immediately returned the favor, beating the man almost to death before stringing him up and beating him some more. Then they finally killed him. Sam was holding Eve in his arms, trying to calm her down as they beat the blond man senseless. She was shaking and crying from what just happened to her.

Right before they killed him, John mumbled in his ear: "Let this be a message for all you freaks out there: don't anybody ever mess with my baby unless you want to end bloody."

They rushed Eve to the hospital and the doctors took her back. John, Sam and Dean had to wait for three to four hours to see Eve. When they finally could, they ran in to see Eve asleep. Sam and Dean immediately grabbed her hands gently. She woke up and looked at her brothers.

"Where am I?" she asked softly.

"The hospital. You got hurt pretty bad," Sam explained. Dean leaned up and pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"My leg hurts," she whispered, shifting her cast and wincing. "Will you cuddle with me?"

"We'll take turns," Sam said softly as Dean lifted her up gently so she could snuggle with him. She rested her head on her eldest brother's chest and he brought his hand up to pet her hair. Sam still held her other hand and John soon joined them.

"Dad," she said softly. John leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Shh, kiddo. You took some serious hits back there. You need to rest baby," he cooed. Eve yawned and nodded before grabbing his hand and holding it. She leaned onto Dean's chest and closed her eyes, falling into a comfortable sleep.