Chapter 3

Eve had just turned 8. She was in the fourth grade and they were having a father daughter dance at her school she was currently attending. She begged and begged her dad to go with her, but John constantly refused. He was a big, tough Winchester. He didn't do dances.

"Aww, Daddy why not?" She asked, holding onto his hand as he sat in the kitchen chair, reading lore and she stood beside him.

"Because, Eve, I have work to do," he said.

"But you always have work to do... It's only for an hour, Dad," she said softly, really wanting him to go. All the other girls were going and she wanted to as well. So she used her best weapon, one that even John Winchester couldn't say no to: her puppy dog eyes. She turned those suckers on and he melted. "Please?" She begged, even puckering her lip a little. He was done for immediately.

He sighed and ran his hand over his face. "Okay," he said softly. "Okay, okay. I'll go," he promised, kissing his daughter's forehead. She was his only girl, and she probably wouldn't get the chance to be normal like this again for a long time. And he knew that if he didn't go, Dean would take her in a heartbeat anyway. Dean was such a softie for her. So was John, though, so he couldn't say much.

A couple days later, John picked her up from school and found her in a blue dress. "Where'd you get that?" He asked.

"Sammy got it for me," she smiled. John chuckled.

"You two had a girls' day huh?" He asked. She giggled and nodded. "Alright princess. When's this dance?"

"Tonight. 5 o'clock. You'll be home before dark," she promised. She knew her father didn't like it when she was in the dark. John nodded.

"Alright. Well, do I have to wear a suit?" He asked. She nodded and he groaned playfully, causing her to giggle. They got back to the empty motel, since Sam and Dean were on a hunt somewhere else, and Eve went to work on her homework. She didn't have much to do. John put on a dark suit and actually brushed his hair for once. Eve skipped around the motel room excitedly, so happy to be going to the dance. John came out and gently took her hand.

"Okay, Eve. Let's go," he said. She smiled and jumped up, running to his truck. He helped her in and got in himself.

Once they got to the dance, he walked in with his daughter. Holding Eve's hand, John walked with her around the gym. He met many of her friends and their dads. The mom's at the dance, who we're making drinks or taking pictures, fawned over John. They thought he was drop dead hot compared to the other dads around. He gave them tight little smiles when they tried to flirt with him before walking away.

Eve managed to convince him to take pictures with her. He had told the woman he wanted the pictures for himself and then deleted from the camera. She nodded and they took two pictures. One with John kneeling down beside his daughter, smiling, and another with him holding her in front of him, not really smiling that much in this one. But it satisfied Eve, so he didn't care.

After pictures, they went to have some food because his daughter was hungry. He only got her fruit and one cookie, since he didn't trust food out in public like this.

"Why are you being picky Dad?" Eve asked.

"Because these are nasty kids, munchkin, and kids don't usually go after fruit," John explained. One of the moms behind the food stand got cocky with him.

"Well if you wanted to be so picky why didn't you bring your own food?" She asked snobbily.

"Well if you wanted to look nice why'd you wear that dress? We all have questions, some are better kept to ourselves," John snarked back. She looked down at her dress and blushed as he led his daughter to one of the tables to eat. Eve started giggling.

"Good one Dad," she said. He smiled and gave her a fist bump.

"Yeah it was," he smiled. They both ate their food and just enjoyed this moment of being normal. John knew his kids would never have a white picket fence and a dog in the backyard, but he knew that the little things like this count. That taking Dean to his school's football game counts. That letting Sam perform in the play 'Our Town' counts.

To wrap up their night, John and Eve danced. Eve didn't know how to dance, so John had her stand on his shoes as he swayed them.

"Thanks for coming Dad," she said softly as he swayed them both. Her head was on his chest, snuggling with him as he held her close.

He smiled softly and leaned down to her, kissing her head. "You're welcome, baby girl. Thank you for convincing me."

After they shared a dance, John drove them both home. By the time he got there, Eve was out cold, her head resting on the window as she slept. Poor thing was worn out from the activities. John smiled and got out himself before taking off his coat and wrapping it around his daughter so she wouldn't get cold. He picked her up and carried her out of the truck and into the motel room.

"Hey princess. Wake up," he whispered, gently shaking her as he sat her down on the bed. She whined when he did this.

"Mm," she said, bringing her fists up to rub her eyes. "What is it Dad?"

"You need to change into youe pajamas. You can shower tomorrow," he cooed softly. Eve nodded and yawned as she changed into a pair of panda pajamas while John showered. When he got back, Eve was fast asleep in his bed, snuggled into his pillow. He got in as well and pulled her to his chest.

"Good night baby," he said softly as he fell asleep as well, feeling how his daughter clutched his sleep shirt as she slept.

Ohhh shit I posted thats a shocker. Twice in a day I think. Holy mother of cheese