Chapter 16 Studying Hard and Creating Music

Start from the beginning

"Since only Black Roses is done, make the choreo for that first then when I finish Elegant Beauty and Hybrid I'll just hand it over" Hyoyoo said and we nod, grab the lyrics and go to the dance practice room. Once we head there, we skimmed through the lyrics and try to literally come up with something. We tried to suggest some moves but it just isn't right. I groaned in frustration and comb my hair in annoyance. "Why is this so hard??" Hayeon whined. We keep on trying but it just doesn't feel right at all. We sat on the floor first trying to figure out something, communicating through telepathy. 

We haven't even found a move that suits the song, technically Black Roses. We keep on trying to brainstorm something but nothing comes up. That is, until someone comes in. "Need help?" a voice said. We look and see Yunho and Changmin both standing at the doorway. We immediately stand up and bow. "It's okay you don't have to do that" Changmin said smiling.

"Sunbaenim, why are you here?" Yerin asked. "We got the news that a girlgroup will be debuting in 2 months so we decided to come here and look. Turns out you were having trouble?" Yunho asked. "Yeah.. not for the songs though" I said. "Isn't there another member?" Changmin asked. "Yeah.. she's in our studio converting Transformation and Hybrid into lyrics" Hayeon said. "Mind if we listen?" Yunho asked. "Not at all. But she just made the music for Black Roses and also it's in the studio right beside this room" Yerin said.

"Wanna go there?" I ask. "Sure" they both said and we head out to the studio once more. Hyoyoo would be confused to why we get back in there again but she wouldn't mind. We knock on the door and hear a come in before stepping inside the studio. "Why are you guys here again? Aren't you coming up with the choreography?" she asked not even looking at us, still writing the conversion of Transformation.

"Actually we have a guest" Hayeon said. Hyoyoo puts down her pen and turns her chair to face us. Once she does she was immediately on her feet, bowing 90°. "No need to do that right now" Yunho said. "Umm.. sunbae why are you here?" Hyoyoo asks. "We've come to take an opinion to your song, Black Roses." Changmin said. "Umm.. it's not quite ready yet. I mean sure there's the music but-" Yunho cuts her off. "No need to feel small. Just let us hear it. Maybe you can sing to it as well?" he asked.

Hyoyoo nods and Yerin hands her the lyrics and she turns on the music. The look on her face shows nothing but pure nervousness. If there's one thing that can calm her down it would be Minho. She starts singing and even somehow rapping to our parts as well. It was nice to hear this again. She used to be so secretive about her singing voice and back then only Yerin knew what she sounded like singing out loud. And now we're witnessing her singing to a song she made on her own.

After the song finishes, Changmin and Yunho both clap their hands. "That was a great song" Yunho complimented. "Thank you" Hyoyoo bowed to him showing her gratitude. I mean it isn't everyday that the strict, famous, charismatic Yunho of TVXQ compliments you right? I would do the same in her position to be honest. "Now that we know the song why don't we help these 3 girls out?" Changmin said and Yunho nods. "Huh?" Hyoyoo blurts out confused. "We couldn't get an inspiration and we had a lot of trouble in making the choreo" Yerin grinned awkwardly. "Ok..." Hyoyoo said. "Anyways, great work keep it up. We'll get going now" Yunho said and Hyoyoo bows once more before we exit again. She is of course back to writing with a smile on her face this time knowing that TVXQ approves. We get into the dance practice room and Yunho immediately says "Okay let's start" They really did help us on the choreography though.

The first few moves were suggested by them but by that time we have known what else to do and stuff so we just came up on our own. Changmin had to be in Hyoyoo's place so it would make us determine the positions and moves. It was a bit weird seeing a grown up guy dancing to a barely done choreography for a girlgroup debut title song. Yunho was laughing is butt off when there's this one special move that you can say only be done by girlgroups so yeah.

In 2 hours, we were finally done brainstorming about the choreo and we did the final touches already so we just have to come up with Elegant Beauty and Hybrid once the songs are done. We thank TVXQ and go to the studio again. Just as we enter, Hyoyoo was flexing her arms. "You done?" Hayeon asks. Hyoyoo whipped her head to our direction in shock. "When did you guys come in?" she asks. "Just 20 seconds ago don't worry." Yerin said. She nods and said "I'm done converting Transformation and Hybrid."

"REALLY?!" we shrieked. She nods her head and chuckled. "So the lyrics are done and we just need the music and then we're off to the CEO's office." Hyoyoo said and we squealed in excitement. Again, I ordered takeout and we eat while Hyoyoo was composing the music. I don't even know when and how she learnt to but I'm not gonna ask any questions. In 1 hour she finishes Elegant Beauty and lets us hear it. She also dubbed our parts for us first and I think that this might be my favorite song through the whole album.

The song lyrics and music matches the whole concept and vibe of well everything. It kind of gives off a soft but also fierce emphasitions. "I don't know about you but I literally could use a cuddle buddy right now" Hyoyoo said. "Same. I just feel like I wanna be cuddled to death by my mochi" I said. "Cheesy af" Hayeon said and Yerin nods. Well even though Hayeon said that I would bet Albert Einstein $1.000.000 that she misses Felix too.

After that, Hyoyoo spends 2 hours on making the music and literally perfecting the lyrics to Flaws. She changed some words but they still have the same point anyways so it wasn't a really big deal although she would say otherwise. Again, she dubbed our parts and lets us hear Flaws. It has that vibe of a person who has a lot of flaws and is imperfect but content and grateful to what they have. It has the vibe of something like BTS V's Intro: Singularity. Music slow but still powerful.

"So how is it?" Hyoyoo asks. "Nice" Yerin said. "Okay so I need to make Transformation and Hybrid left. Well, I'll have my laptop tomorrow so it would be easier." Hyoyoo said. "How about we go home now? It's late already" Yerin said checking the clock inside the studio. "Yeah sure let's go" I said and we all go outside the studio. We descended through the lift and immediately walk to the exit of SM.

We had to walk home since the last bus had gone about 30 minutes ago. We discussed about the songs and give Hyoyoo ideas for the music of Transformation and Hybrid. It was the least we could do since she has to do everything. The only thing I'm nervous about is whether SM approves or not. If he doesn't then we would have to go back to square one, remaking the songs and choreographies. That would literally be a mental breakdown for all of us and especially Hyoyoo. I literally can't imagine what we would do if that happens. We arrive at our dorms and we just bid good night to one another like always. We do our night routone and plop down on the bed. I wonder what it would be like when we become idols. Is it nice? Stressful? Joyful? Sad? Irritating? Well who knows. I know I'll find out one day though. And I fell asleep with this thought. Today was an incredible day.