G 2.62

Forgiveness before repentance is the biggest punishment for the concise which struggles with the guilt.

*the words in italics and bold are from the past.

That night was usual. The same cold breeze blew and the moon light illuminated the earth. But someone the meaning of usual was going to change within some moments ahead.

He looked at his phone for one more time and the maps which pointed the destination he himself typed. If it had the consequences clear and the heart to feel may be it would have never let him to reach there.

He pushed the brakes reaching the final point in his map. His steps were steady when he walked further following the GPS as his car could not go in those narrow streets.

Finally he was at the door ready to knock it. He had been waiting for this from a time which felt like ages.

He took a deep breath and patted on the door and waited for it to open from its other end. His heartbeat was usual and calm. A wide smile spread on his lips while the door opened.

The old lady who opened the door looked around and found him standing in front of her with a grin. She scanned her memory to match his face. But her confusion made it evident that she had not known him at all.

“Namaste” he folded his hands looking at the lady. She weakly smiled at him and tried to understand his cloaked intentions.

“Ji. My name is Sahil. Sahil Raheja” he cleared her about his identity. The lady was still unsure if she knew the man. But nothing helped her aged memory.

“Um. I actually came inquiring about one of your paying guest” he said and the lady allowed him inside as she did not wanted her uninvited guest also to stay outside. He settled on the old couch. The lady sat in front of him waiting for further clarification.

“I have got this address from the RTO office. Registered for a two wheeler” he said and the lady narrowed her eyebrows.

“But beta. I don't have a two wheeler” she said confused. “No it ain't yours. Actually I have got some information that it is of the girl who lived with you as a paying guest” he said and the lady tried to remember.

“I don't know her name. She had lost all her identity proofs before the accident and other than that registration number I have nothing” he said hopefully.

“I live here alone Beta and to avoid it I intake paying guests and may be by now there have been dozens of paying guest who lived here. I wont be able to help you without the name sorry” she had the regret in her eyes.

Sahil's lips dropped as he had reached the dead end. He took a bit of time to process the things. “Um anyone who disappeared suddenly?” he tried one more link. “Plenty of them disappear suddenly. And I have become used to the undaid good byes by now” she smiled sadly.

Sahil closed his eyes not able to contain the disappointment. That was the end of everything. His search for the girl who was responsible for the accident. The girl who can put a full stop to Sanskar's guilt trip. The one who can make Sanskar blame free.

But it was the end.

Sahil stood up to walk dejected. His steps were heavy and uncertain. He was never going to get a clue at all.

“If you tell me the date or something I can try to remember” the lady said and his face lit up. How can he missed the very important detail.