"I hope so Ana. I really really hope so." I said and closed my eyes, trying to stop the tears from flowing. I was the cause of all these. Dear God please help him.

I paced the long corridors for about forty minutes trying to distract myself till the nurse showed up again.

Ana and I rushed to her. "How's he doing?"

She smiled at us. "He's strong enough now. His wound has been treated and the doctor has prescribed some medications for him. Please ensure he takes them."

The relief! I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Thanks a lot. Can we see him now?"

She nodded and signaled that we follow her.

I smiled when I saw him lying down with his left arm covering his face and his right arm across his chest. "I'm glad you're okay now, Dre. I was so worried."

He chuckled. "I told you it was nothing, right? Either ways, I'm gonna punish you later for bringing me here."

Ana who has been quiet all this while cooed. "Is it just me or is it another type of punishment?"

I didn't understand what she meant by that but Dre chuckled. "Stop it Analise. You're included in the punishment too. I want to leave this place already."

The nurse who was with us all this while spoke up. "No sir, you can't leave now, we still need to administer some antibiotics first. That would be in two hours."

"Two what?" Coincidentally, Ana, Dre and I said in unison.

The poor nurse gulped. "Two hours."

Dre sat up, though he did it in pain since he groaned. "I can't stay here for long. Tell Ana everything she needs to know. She's gonna give me the treatment at home." He said firmly and stood up.

The nurse was about to protest but the cold look Dre gave her made her shut up and gulp again.

Without waiting for any other thing, my boss stood up, took the car key from Ana and walked out, with me trailing like a lost puppy behind him. When we reached the car, he unlocked it and got in. I got in too.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes before I decided to say what was in my mind. "Sorry about your wound. It's all my fault, I didn't treat it well."

He just kept staring ahead. "Stop apologizing. It's not your fault. Actually, it's mine. I wasn't supposed to do strenuous things with the hand but I was stubborn."

Woahhh! Did he just take the blame? "You know, that's another first."

That got his attention since he faced me. "Another first?"

I nodded. "Yes. You just owned up to your mistake."

He chuckled and oh, my heart melted at how gorgeous he was. Where was this man made? "I always admit it when I'm wrong, princess."

I snorted and he laughed. "Yeah right."

"You're a case Ava. Anyways, we won't be able to paint today as planned." He said raising his arm.

I blushed because he actually remembered. And I forgot.

He chuckled. "So you forgot?" He teased me.

I looked away with flushed cheeks. "It's not my fault if it left my mind, I was worried sick about you."

I could feel he was looking at me, so I turned to face him.

"You were that worried?" He asked in a soft voice, I doubted it was him.

I blushed again. "Of course, you're my friend and I care about you." I was about to add 'so much' but refrained since the back door opened and Ana got in.

"Dre you sure you can drive us back home with that arm? Cause I'm still so young to die." She said as she buckled her seat belt.

Dre started the car and turned to Ana. "Shut up." And with that, drove off.

When we reached the house, Ana went straight to making lunch and at one, we took his food up to his room. "Time to get your ass injected." Ana teased and I giggled.

Dre also laughed. "No chance I'm getting an injection in my butt."

I couldn't stop giggling.

"We'll see about that, boss man." Ana mused. "But before that, you need to eat and take your medicine. You skipped breakfast."

He sat up immediately. "I'm actually very hungry. But I'm not taking no damn medicine."

Ana looked at me. "I have a lot of cleaning to do today, Ava please watch him. Make sure he takes his medicine, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay ma'am."

She gave Dre a warning look before leaving. He cleared his throat and I turned to face him. "You know you can't force me to take those drugs, right?"

I sat on his bed and smirked. "Oh I can, remember when you forced me to drink that awfully bitter tea? Well now is my turn to force you. If you don't take those medicines, I won't cook your delicious spaghetti and I also know you like crock pot chicken curry." I teased him and gave a victorious smile when he groaned in frustration. "I thought as much. Now eat."

"Okay boss princess." He said, making my heart melt.