Chapter 17: You Wanted Wild

Dinner was weird, lunch was too, so was studying and everything else since Vesper wouldn't stop staring at me like a psychopath.

Tossing the gross strawberry filled chocolates away, I inspected the nut one deciding it was an almond and happily ate it.

"Gross cashew!" I spit into the trash can drinking down some water. Who the hell covers cashews in chocolate?

A small tap sound came to my window, I ignored it and then another tap came.

Then another tap.

I went to the window seeing Lincoln wave at me and smile gesturing for me to come down.

Dork...

Giving him a nod, I changed into a pair of sweat pants and a tank top with a sweater and some converse going out the door locking my room and heading to the garden.

"You awake still?" Bronx asked smiling wide as I passed him by the barn and I gave a nod "Sleep is for the weak." I said heading past him and to the garden.

What could Lincoln want at a time like this? I swear he's such a weird guy.

Moving past the water fountains, I made my way to the sound of crackling sticks "Lincoln?" I called.

"Here Anne." He said and I followed his call making my way to him and stopping as I noticed the unconscious Lincoln and Vesper with his wild eyes.

Vesper.

I knew something was wrong with him.

I couldn't really run, Not with him having Lincoln and the fact that he looks like he's been stocking up on vampire blood.

Vesper must be the one who...oh god but if he killed the girl, he raped her too? Oh god I'm going to be sick.

"They told me you were too smart, that it would never be possible to trick you. Especially with your little friends all guarding you." Vesper said shaking his head.

He grinned "Took me two tries to get a good way to trick you. You got quite an army, couldn't even poison you without the world coming to save you. I knew you couldn't resist this guy though. That other one, Kris, was up my ass, I had to deal with him." He said softly.

I felt my heart drop to the floor "Where's Kris?" I asked Vesper watching as his eyes held a deep red. This isn't Vesper.

It's not my friend.

"Who are you?" I asked watching Lincoln cautiously, and the problem is that I think I know who it is.

"Jolene?" I asked, hoping to make it sound less like a call for help and more like a guess.

He grinned "You think she's powerful enough to conjure up such a spell? I'm sorry but the only way you can take the power of magic is through drinking a witches blood. Jolene doesn't have that." He said cocky.

"So who are you then?" I asked annoyed.

His smirk came "You'll see soon darling." Oh god Jolene please be awake.

Then I was hit in the back of the neck, I could softly hear his voice "It's all going to be okay."

My body collapsed hard the the floor and the darkness engulfed me.

Well that doesn't seem like it's going to be okay.

As I opened my eyes, I went to rub the back of my neck but found myself in a very small and confined space, tied up tight. The sound of a humming came, then a slight turn. "I'm in a fucking trunk?!" I shouted in anger.

The music blasting from inside the car was some old tune from the eighties.

It was pitch black but the body beside me had to be Lincoln because he was breathing heavy and repeating "oh my god" a thousand times.