Prologue

The gusts of wind pulled at the once settled willow tree, a long cry split through its branches almost as if to say 'He has Returned'.

It was just as they feared, if the darkness that wrapped its way around the world and gushed its breath along every branch had begun, then He has awaken.

Within the whimpering shrieks of the leaves and creatures of the dark, a barely audible cry echoed through the night.

An almost heavenly cry, one that the prophecy had once spoken about...She too has returned.

When She rises, He shall fall.

"Hurry Kilana!" The mans voice was filled with worry and fear, an unbearable and dreadful fear. He knew this was the last time he'd ever glance upon his sisters face.

After taking a longing look over her tearful face, he fought the word failure that lingered over his mind.

Kilana gave her newborn one last look, and with a simple kiss, she handed over the one thing that ever meant anything to her.

A silent and soft cry filled the small cottage as she watched him take her beautiful child, she knew it was what had to be done. He'd never let her live, never let the baby live.

Something felt off, "Jolene..." she spoke softly, her eyes still on the door, but her hand moving to the woman beside her. She felt odd, she didn't feel right. Something was wrong, she felt wrong.

Softly Jolene cried "I love you Kilana, don't fear. It'll wash over you, just let it take you." Her voice was just like silk, Jolene had always been her favorite sister.

With Jolene's words, Kilana shut her eyes and drifted to a never-waking dream, one filled with the laughter of her newborn, her beautiful Annalise.

Oh Annalise....