The Return of Two Friends (3/3)

Ash was crying tears of joy as he let go of Greninja.

"Ninja! Greninja ninj Gren ja ninja!" {I'm back! All of the vines have been destroyed!} Greninja said.

Kiawe and Rotom were talking to Lana, Mallow, and Lillie, all five of them looking confused at the duo. Serena stood there awkwardly, Cutiefly on her head. Riolu looked at Ash and Greninja, smiling. Pikachu was extremely happy.

"That's great! Welcome back!" Ash exclaimed, causing the four confused students to look at the duo.

"Back?" Mallow questioned aloud.

"Y'see, Greninja was the first Pokemon I caught when I traveled to the Kalos Region. I can tell that there's gonna need to be a bit of introduction here, so I'll get to it in a moment." Ash smiled sheepishly before pulling out a Pokeball.

He held it in front of him and Greninja put his fist up to the white circle on the front of it, letting the Pokeball take him inside it. Immediately after it dinged, Ash let Greninja back out.

"Alright, Serena, Riolu, Greninja, this is Mallow, Kiawe, Lillie, and Lana, my classmates. This floating thing is Rotomdex, my pokedex. Guys, this is Serena, who I traveled with in Kalos. This is Riolu, a pokemon I met on our way escaping the cave. And this is Greninja, a pokemon I bonded with in Kalos." Ash introduced.

"THAT'S WHERE WE'VE SEEN IT BEFORE!!!" Mallow suddenly exclaimed, "LANA! THE KALOS CRISIS!!"

"You're right." Lana replied.

"You were the trainer with the Greninja?!?!?!" Kiawe exclaimed, all four of Ash's classmates having a shocked look on their faces.

"Yeah." Ash sheepishly replied, "Let's go, we should probably find a way out."

Riolu tugged on Ash's pant sleeve.

"What is it, Riolu?" Ash asked, kneeling down to the Emanation Pokemon.

(Insert me having no clue what I was going to write so having to come up with something new because I haven't touched this story in like a year and a half)

Riolu ran to Ash's backpack and pulled out a Pokeball, handing it to Ash.

"Oh." Ash said, smiling.

He held the Pokeball out and Riolu touched the white part, getting sucked into it. The ball shook a couple of times before dinging. Ash let Riolu, along with the rest of his Pokemon, out of their Pokeballs, allowing them all to meet each other. This was when Serena realized she had yet to even ask Cutiefly if she would like to travel with her.

As if she were reading Serena's mind, Cutiefly spoke, "Fly Cuti Cute Flycute fly cute!" {I would love to travel with you!}

Cutiefly hovered by Serena's backpack. Serena, getting the idea, pulled out a Pokeball, which Cutiefly immediately touched. The Pokeball shook before dinging. Serena let all of her Pokemon out of their Pokeballs, which included Braixen, Pancham, Sylveon, a Swablu, and a recently caught Mudkip. The present Alola companions did the same, releasing their Pokemon from their Pokeballs as well.

"Well, we should probably try to find a way out." Kiawe suggested, "For real this time. Not saying it and then catching some Pokemon."

"Alright." Ash smiled, turning to Greninja, who pointed southeast, "Lead the way, Greninja!"

And with that, Greninja let them out of the forest and to a nearby town, Konikoni City, where Professor Kukui and Sophocles happened to be walking with some other people, supposedly the crew that was meant to save them.

"Professor!" Ash called out, running for a hug from his father figure.

"Ash, everyone!" The professor replied, his unofficial adoptive son attached to him, not even bothering to question how they managed to meet another person and at least two pokemon.

"Is that a Greninja?" Sophocles asked, "And a Riolu?"

Ash detached himself from the professor, smiling, "Yup, Greninja came all the way from Kalos. We met Riolu on our way out from the cave."

"Wait, so there was just a wild Kalosian Greninja out there that you happened to persuade to come with you?" Sophocles asked.

"No, silly, Greninja's my pokemon and has been for a while at this point. He was the ace of my Kalos team." Ash spoke, smiling at the bipedal frog pokemon, "I had to leave him in Kalos though, due to leftover vines from the Kalos Crisis, but he's back now because the job is complete!"

"Okay, but what did Greninja have to do with the vines?" Sophocles continued to question.

"Apparently Greninja and I were the only ones able to see and sense the energy from the vines or something, I don't know. That's what Squishy said, anyway."

"Who's Squishy?" asked all of Ash's classmates.

"Oh, right, Squishy's just a nickname. My bad, I meant Zygarde." Ash spoke, glaring at Serena for not helping him fix the mistake.

She just giggled in response. Kukui watched the situation amused, as he had looked over Ash's trainer profile when he moved in, along with having conversations over the phone with Sycamore about Squishy before they knew what it was. Sophocles was in shock, whereas the other classmates, already knowing Ash had a central role in stopping the Kalos Crisis, smiled at Sophocles.

"Wait, you're not saying... you're the trainer with the Greninja from the Kalos Crisis, are you?" Sophocles spoke again.

"That might be what I'm saying...?" Ash replied, "And this is Serena, she traveled with me through Kalos!"

Yes, Ash had just introduced Serena, who was now glaring at him, to get the attention off of him.

"Wait, as in the finalist in the Master Class Serena?" Sophocles asked.

"Yeah." Serena smiled before moving to introduce her pokemon.

"You've traveled with a Master Class finalist, a gym leader, and a former gym leader doctor in training, what's next? A legendary pokemon that isn't from Alola?" Kiawe joked.

The silence from Ash as he counted on his fingers told the class everything they needed to know.

"In Kalos, we traveled with Squishy, which ended up being Zygarde." Serena explained, "And he told us of some tales that would be difficult to believe if not for Pikachu and later Greninja backing up his claims."

Oh boy, I don't think the class is ready for the monster they just released. Luckily, Kukui was there to put a hold onto it.

"Alright class, Ash can tell us about his adventures later. We need to get going if we want to make it to dinner before it gets too late." Kukui spoke.

"You're going to school?!" Serena laughed, "I can't imagine!"

"C'mon Serena! Come join us for dinner!" Ash replied.

~Fin

~1056 words

And with that, this tale finally comes to a close, two full years after it began.

Thank you for sticking with this tale throughout its long waits between.

I also finished this on August 11th, but it hadn't even been a week since I posted Gohing Home, and I had Hostility ready to publish as well, that's what took so long to get this out after finishing it.

Question of the chapter:
What's your favorite starter evolution line?

See, my favorite starter is Bulbasaur, but my favorite starter evolution line is the Popplio line. Primarina's my second favorite pokemon, and Brionne ranks pretty high too, being my 12th favorite pokemon. I also love Popplio, just significantly less than both its evolutions. I love Water and Fairy types too much-

Published:August 21st, 2021

~Vannah