Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds

Start from the beginning

"Woah, are you okay?" A voice asked.

I looked up and saw a cute boy with dark brown hair and gold chocolate eyes. He was tall and had a fit figure. He looked young though, maybe my age? His face was full of concern and worry as he helped me up. He reminded me of Matthew, except Matthew had blond hair and blue eyes.

"Y-yes, thank you," I stammered.

"You don't look fine," he said, frowning. "Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I'll be fine," I reassured him.

He gave me a small smile. "Let me guess. You're the type who's broken and is hurt but puts on a fake smile and say that they're fine?"

When he smiled, you could see a dimple on his right cheek. His eyes were warm and looked genuine.

I managed a weak laugh. "Correct, beginning to end."

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" He asked. "I think you might need some medical attention."

I shook my head. "Really, I'm okay."

He scratched the back of his head. "Um... I'm curious, but what were you doing in the boys bathroom?"

I blushed in embarrassment. "Uh... w-well..."

"Did those boys hurt you?" He asked. "There were 6 of them. Were they hurting you?"

Don't tell him.

He doesn't actually care.

No one cares.

He'll betray you. Just like everyone else.

"I'm okay," I replied, looking away.

"That wasn't my question. Was it them?" He asked.

I gave him a reassuring smile. "Okay, maybe. But I'm fine."

He frowned. "Really? Shouldn't you tell someone or call the cops—"

"No!" I blurted. "It'll be fine."

"A-anyway," I stuttered, "What's your name?"

"Sammy. Well, some people call me Sam, but my full name is Samuel, but most people call me Sammy because I don't like Sam but I'm okay with Sammy or Sam or Samuel..." he trailed off, adverting his gaze. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blurt our everything. It's just a habit."

I laughed. "It's okay."

"So yeah. Sammy. I just moved here."

"That's Cool. Do you live in this neighbor—" All of a sudden, my knees went weak again and I collapsed into Sammy's arms again.

"I think you should head home and rest. Do you want me to walk with you?" He asked.

"N-no," I replied. "I'll be fine. Um, I'll see you around."

With that, I started walking back home.

Home.