9

As soon as they got to the school, Jess and Liu split up. It would be odd for them to be seen together. Jess, a peppy cheerleader, and Liu, a quiet sad kid, wouldn't ever speak in school. Jess made her way outside and Liu went down to the art block. She did all the things she needed to do within half an hour, and so she decided to sit on the bleachers outside and draw the field.

Cheer practice was on, and Jess was socialising with all her friends. She ignored their questions about her whereabouts, telling everyone she just went camping, but Liu knew this wasn't true. Even though she was a good eight metres away, she could see a large bruise on Jess' leg.

She worried about her friend, but dared not speak to her, as she knew that ridicule from the other cheerleaders was a sure thing. She finished her drawing, and checked her phone. she had a text from Kian. she looked at it, and it was him telling her that Leo was gay, and that he could have a chance. Liu giggled, but could see it happening. she texted jess the news, leaving out the fact that Kian liked him.

The boys were splashing about and having fun, but Jackson strayed away from the group. He was talking with a psycho. He told the boys he needed the toilet, and left. He texted Liu, telling her to meet him, and stay away from everyone else, even Kian.

Liu and Jackson met up at the fence to one of the field entries.
"I know where Carmen is, let's go get her." Jackson said, handing Liu a bottle of Mountain Dew.
"Please don't kidnap me." Liu said, worried.
"I promise, I won't. Trust me." He said, holding out his hand.
Liu took it and the two began walking towards the barn.

It was dark, and Jess still had ten minutes to walk to get home. She had a routine set in her head.
Step, step, step, breathe. Step, step, step, breathe. Step ste-

Her routine was interrupted by a tall shadow. She couldn't take her eyes off of it, and she was frozen still. He started to run towards her, but since she was sporty, she outran it quickly. When looking back, she realised that nobody was following her. When she Finally got home, she flopped on her bed and cried.

The tension was so thick, it could've been cut with a knife. Jackson and Liu were finally at the barn. Jackson called out for Carmen, and she whimpered out as a reply. Jackson kicked open the door and in the spotlight of his and Liu's torch, he saw her, covering her eyes. She looked up at them, crying. She had a huge smile on her face, but then it faded.

A sick blow to the head with a baseball bat was good enough to knock out the two. The boy dragged them next to Carmen and chained them both up on some poles which were next to Carmen's.

"Let's have some fun with our new friends, shall we?" He said, smiling sickly at Carmen. Before she could scream, he covered up her mouth.