1

Kian held up the paper to his best friends face. "What is this? Is the teacher on drugs?"
Jackson shrugged at Kian. "I can't read it. You're putting the paper too close to my face." He said calmly.
"Let me spell it out. I, G-O-T, A, C, M-I-N-U-S." He said back at him, angrily. He then proceeded to snatch up Jackson's paper. "How the hell did you get an A?" He said, almost shrieking.
"Because," Jackson said smiling. He lowered his voice to a whisper. "I may have hacked the answers yesterday"
No thought to tell on his best friend crossed Kian's mind. "Could've shared." He mumbled a little, which made Jackson chuckle.

They had been best friends since the age of five. they met each other when they were four, but the two didn't like each other until they spent an afternoon in the sandbox together. The two soon were as thick as thieves, inseparable. Kian was there with Jackson through every breakup and Jackson was there with Kian through every big video game loss. Nothing could keep them apart. Nothing.

Kian was counting down the seconds until the bell went, dismissing them.
192, 191, 190, 189, 18-
Just as he was counting, a bouncy cheerleader interrupted his thoughts. "Hey Kian! Are you coming to the game this Friday? It's gonna be a big one!" She said, enthusiastically, handing him a flyer.
"Uuh- sure. Thanks Jess." He said, smiling a little while taking the flyer out of her hand.
"Awe, thank you! It means a lot!" She gushed, "I gotta hand out the rest of these out though, so I'll see you later!" And with that she bounced off, her curly platinum hair swaying around in her red scrunchie.
Jackson decided it would be the best time to lean over into kian's ear and whisper.
"She likes youuu"
Kian shuddered, Jackson's warm breath surprised him. "She doesn't! She's just friendly!" He said.

Just then, a quiet girl joined in. "She totally does."
Kian and Jackson stared at her.
"Damn, sorry. My name's Liu." She said, smiling a little. Shew was new, so Kian and Jackson didn't know who she was yet.
"It's nice to meet you." Kian said, smiling at her.
"Tis very nice" Jackson said, mocking Kian a bit, making Liu giggle a little.

The three started chatting, and around ten minutes later they were interrupted by one of kian's old friends, Laurence. He looked weak. His eyes were puffy.
"I'm sorry to bother you guys, but have you seen Carmen recently? She's been missing for a few days now, and I'm scared something might have happened to her." He said, passing them a missing persons poster.
"I'm so sorry, I haven't seen her since Monday." Kian said, to which the others nodded in agreement.
"Oh, I'm sorry to bother you guys." He said, smiling weakly before starting to walk away.

"Hey, uuh, do you wanna sit with us?" Kian asked. He felt bad. The two of them had grown apart, and Laurence seemed to get lonlier by the day.
"Thanks, but I really gotta hand out these. I miss her." He said, sniffling a little.
As he was gone Liu let out a big breath. "I don't trust him." She said.
"Dude! Have you seen the state of him?" Jackson said, his voice a little high.
"Yes." She said. She looked as if she were going to continue, but then didn't.
Better keep it to myself she thought. "It doesn't matter" She said.

Kian began to read over his paper, but then the bell rang.
He noticed a slip of paper on his desk. He picked it up.
'My number. 555-7539-2204 -Liu'
He shoved the paper in his jeans, grabbed his backpack and slung it around his arm. He turned around to face Jackson. Liu was already gone.
"I was gonna ask if she wanted to come with us today." He said to Jackson.
He smiled "We do have her number, but I'd rather we go alone today." He said, walking out with Kian.