37 - Tom

Tom had to look away. He couldn't take it anymore. If he had looked a second longer into those perfect eyes, he knew he would lose all of it. His control, his sanity, maybe even her... he just couldn't.

He tried to find something to concentrate on in the distance. Maybe some crew members talking or drinking coffee. Or maybe a light that wasn't screwed in properly. It was hard to concentrate when he suddenly felt her cold hand against his. Now he had no other choice but to look at her again. He turned slowly, thousands of thoughts rushing through his mind, just to distract himself from her eyes. Those eyes. They were filled with sadness, no, concern. He didn't understand why she was the one who was concerned. She was the one with the near-death experience. She was the one who should be angry at him. But she wasn't. For some strange reason, she didn't hate his guts.

What did I do to deserve you, he thought. Or maybe he had said it out loud. Her brows wrinkled in confusion. So he had actually said it. Why wasn't she saying anything? He couldn't take it anymore.

Then out of nowhere, but not really, he leaned forward. His hand on her cheek, his lips against hers. He had no idea what he was doing, or why he was doing it. He just knew that he needed to.