18 - (y/n)

You woke up feeling groggy and disoriented. Your side and chest hurt from the uncomfortable position, and your mouth felt parched- it could only mean one thing. You had fallen asleep without realizing it. Even the TV had already gone out on stand-by mode, so the room was glooming in grayscale as the sun was slowly setting down.

Shit, what time was it even?

You picked up your phone, the bright screen blinding you in your still sleepy state. In the middle of the day, the brightness would have been pretty standard, but now that the dark was slowly creeping in, it was like a spotlight directed right into your eyes.

The first thing you noticed was the time. It was almost 7 o'clock. How did you sleep through most of the day? For a moment, you had thought that the entire day, with everything that had happened, was just a dream, but that was quickly proved wrong when you saw a missed phone call from "Tom". Well, the information still didn't really click, not being completely awake and all, because you had to think for a second to figure out who this "Tom" was supposed to be.

Then it hit you.

"Shit," you said to yourself, playing the message he had left.

Hey, it's me- Tom-

You laughed to yourself. It was funny that he, Tom Holland, still felt like he needed to clarify who he was when calling someone. Not to mention his new assistant.

- just wanted to uhh, talk about meeting up- Shit, what day is it even today- see, that's why I need you.

That phrase brought up an unexplainable fluttery feeling in your stomach that you decided to ignore as you listened to the rest of the message.

Anyway, what I mean is, call me back or text whenever you can, and we can figure out the when and what and rest. Ok, great. You're awesome. Bye.

You had to relisten to the message two more times to figure out what he had been saying at the end because he had started speaking so fast, and his words had just merged into one another, making it very hard to understand- but you managed. He sure was a strange guy, you thought, but it was endearing.

Was that even appropriate to think of your boss? Surely, if you just kept it to yourself, it was fine? And it's not like "endearing" is a taboo adjective.

You were about to call him back, which was anxiety-inducing in itself as you hated calling people, but then you noticed more notification from the same phone number- and a group chat you had never seen before.

The first notification you clicked was a text Tom sent you, or better said, a string of texts, which was actually the good approach as it cleared up the situation of the mysterious group chat.

Hey, hope you don't mind, but I added you to the main group chat of the gang.

It's most cast and crew.

Will probably make it easier for you to meet everyone :)

Don't worry, they're really nice

Even Terry- (he might look scary, but he really isn't)

Just text me whenever you see this

And sorry in advance for whatever is going on in the chat

They're all morons, lol

The last message had been sent about half an hour ago, which made you queasy. The rest had been sent through the period you had been asleep, meaning Tom had been waiting for hours for your response. This could very well be the end of your short-lived career.