32 - y/n

A few months later, filming had moved to California. Even though the atmosphere was great, it was a nice change to be able to go from the gloomy and grey London scene to the golden scenery of Hollywood. The heat sometimes was slightly unbearable, but everyone made it work.

You and Tom had become good friends. Of course, you were his assistant and most of the times you saw him, was professional. But because you spend so much time with him, did mean you also got to know each other really well.

One day, on set, you were busy working on some changes in Tom's schedule. His brothers had contacted you and asked if you could make some space for him so they could fly over for a surprise visit. Obviously, you couldn't say no, so now you were jumbling around the agenda and looking for dates that were possible. It was harder than it looked as he was so busy and barely had more than a day at a time off, let alone three.

You were so busy working it all out, you barely noticed that the scene which was being filmed had ended and Tom was making his way over to you.

"(Y/N)?" You looked up from the screen. Seeing it was Tom, you turned off the tablet. He looked confused at you. Had he seen what you were doing? If so, he would definitely want to know why you were going through his schedule. You couldn't tell him what the real reason was, so you were preparing to lie.

"Whatcha doing there?" he looked curiously at you.

"Oh, uhm, nothing really," was the best thing you could come up with. He didn't seem very convinced.

"Nothing? Huh?"

"Er- yeah." your voice was on the softer side.

"Not exactly what you get paid for, is it," he said. Even though there still was a smile on his face while he said, it made you feel flustered.

"Well, I'm not really doing nothing. Just looking through your schedule. Making sure everything is updated and you have no double planned appointments." you turned the tablet back on and started scrolling quickly through the agenda as you rambled on.

"It's okay. Calm down. I was just wondering and if you aren't doing anything anyway," his sentences were outstretched. You looked straight into his eyes, those dark brown eyes, as he stood in front of you.

"But I am doing something," you corrected him.

"Of course you are, darling." After all those months, the word still made you get butterflies in your stomach. As normal as the word was - when he said it, it felt different... new, you could say. "I just thought that maybe you would want to do something else."

"Where is this going?"

"An extra didn't show up. So, how would you want to be in the movie." Tom sounded very excited about the idea of you being somewhere in the background while he did his Spider-Man stunts. You had a different type of excitement in you.

"What? No, I can't." This was clearly not the response he was waiting for. He looked devastated.

"You don't want to be in the movie?"

"It's not that I don't want to, I just don't think I have the requirements for it. I don't know a thing about acting or being in front of a camera in general. To be frank, it freaks me out."

"But you want to.." it seemed as if Tom had completely blocked out everything you just said. He was too excited. "C'mon, we could really use you. You don't have to say anything. Just stand in the background and be pretty." the word choice slightly shocked you. Did he just call you pretty? It felt childish to get so worked up over a thing like that. Tom probably didn't even think about what he said.