11 - Tom

"...your assistant..." y/n's words caught him off guard and he didn't even know why. After all, that was exactly why they were here. It was a job interview for y/n. Tom literally had her CV in front of him.

It had come up in their conversation previously and yet, now it felt different. It put that weight of seriousness back into the conversation. Before this, Tom felt like he had been talking to a friend. It was just that easy and fun. But of course, they were both here just doing their job. It was professional. He wasn't looking for a new friend, he had to remind himself. He was looking for an assistant that would work for him... and it would be preferable if they could be friends with one another but that wasn't the goal, was it?

And obviously, y/n was here looking for a job, not a friendship. That much was clear.

Suddenly, Tom started feeling extremely self-conscious. What must she be thinking of him? Did he have it in him to be a good boss? Working with Harrison had always been easy, they were great mates and mainly were just messing around on set when they could, but he couldn't do that with y/n... could he?

Had he even been doing an excellent job at the interviewing part? He had never done anything like this? Tom had never had a job that needed an interview before, so he had no idea what one was supposed to be like. As he started thinking about that, he felt that y/n must have realised that by now. She probably thought he was a complete joke.

"Tom?" she asked softly, and Tom blinked. He must have zoned out. Great.

"Right, sorry. So basically you'd uhn... well, I need someone to keep track of my schedule and make sure I don't get lost between things. Days on set can get a bit hectic and I just can not remember everything I need to do," he chuckled, "and like, bring drinks when I'm too busy- I promise I'm not some kind of diva that can't my own coffee or tea but some days- there's so much going on- I just black out." He had no idea why he felt the need to explain himself. After all, the more things she'd need to be doing, the more she would get paid, so, surely, it was a good thing, right? And yet, he didn't want to have anything on him that could possibly make y/n think less of him. He liked her. And he wanted her to like him too.

"So," he brought his cup of tea up to his lips, just to realise it was empty. He quickly put it back down. "Do you think you're up for it?"

She nodded before adding: "Yeah, totally." She smiled enthusiastically.

"Ok, great. That's great. I mean, you will still have to have a chat with the people in production, since they need to know you'll be there, and you'll probably need to sign a LOT of documents, but you've done that all before, right?" It was more of a confirmation he needed, and a way to stop himself from rambling on for too long. y/n nodded a 'yes'.

"Ok, uhm," he was starting to feel even more flustered, for no reason at all. "I can't remember my schedule suddenly, but I'll just text you the times later and you can come around my place earlier then we can drive to set together-"