35 - Tom

There was a loud crack and a SNAP followed. Tom's heart dropped to his stomach. He knew that sound. It was a horrible sound. It was a sound anyone who worked with stunts and visual effects feared. A rope broke. One of the ropes which was holding (Y/N) snapped and everything was suddenly off-balance. He tried to hold on as best as he could, but with one arm it was almost impossible. They were still swinging and a sudden change in movements made her slip away slightly. A piercing scream could be heard coming from her. Somewhere in the distance, they could hear Jon yell "CUT!" and telling people to help them, but he was so focused he could barely make out his voice.

"Hold on." He groaned out. With all his strength he held on to her. If anything happened to her, it would be his fault. It was such a strange situation to be in. He was used to seeing it on screen, but to actually live it, he couldn't think straight.

Finally, his own safety guards were lowered, now safely standing on the ground. Tom took off his spidey-mask and gripped (Y/N) tightly. He could feel her whole body shaking.

"You're going to be ok, darling," he cooed. It was the only thing he thought was appropriate to say. The way he held onto her and she onto him, made him feel like they were all alone. Finally, save and comfortable. That bubble soon broke.

"What the hell was that, George!" Jon yelled out. He almost sprinted over to the stunt coordinator.

"We don't know. Everything looked fine at the beginning." George tried to speak calmly, but the nerves were taking the better of him. Jon turned to Tom. "Are you guys alright?" Tom didn't dare to speak. He knew he was fine. It wasn't him that anyone should be worried about. He didn't want to speak for her. He looked down at her.

Her voice was shaky but clear. "Yeah, just please tell me you've got it. I'm not doing that again." A nervous laughter broke out around the set, including that of (Y/N) herself. Tom was surprised to see her be so calm and casual after all of that.

Jon excused himself to go look at the collected footage. Tom used this time as an opportunity to take (Y/N) to the side and talk to her. As they were walking, he still wasn't sure what to say. There was just too much on his mind. They stopped walking when they reached a little spot on set where there were some extra chairs, in case the used once would break. She sat down and he followed. They were now surrounded by old props, some of which weren't even from their own movie.

"I am so sorry." Was the final product of his spiraling thoughts. He looked into her eyes. She looked to be calm, which did confuse him as he himself, was completely freaking out.

"It's okay." She gave him a small smile. "I'm fine. Nothing happened."

"But something could have happened. It was my fault you were up there in the first place. If-"

"No, stop it, Tom. See," she got up from the chair and gave him a small twirl, "not a scratch, nor a single bruise. I am fine." She sat back down

"Yeah, but -" she again didn't let him finish: "No but's. Besides, you are the one we all should be worried about. If anything happened to you, we all wouldn't have a job anymore." He knew she tried to joke to lighten the mood, but he couldn't get himself to smile anymore. He wanted to hug her tightly. To never let her go just to be sure she was safe. He wanted to kiss her. Kiss her? Yes, kiss her! He had never actually thought of doing that. Tom knew his feelings for (Y/N) were strong, but this the first time he really felt the urge for her. He closed his eyes in concentration. It would be wrong. He couldn't.