05

The boys were only a few minutes from home now. The whole car ride had been filled with silence. Sam had been staring out of the window and Colby had obviously been focusing on the road. All this silence gave Colby some time to think about what happened back at the abandoned place. He thought about Sam's arm and how he could've hurt it. That's when it hit him. How little time he had been spending with Sam. How much he had been neglecting his 'best friend'. How little he ever saw Sam out of his room. How pale and tired he was all the time. Colby's eyes started welling up as he realised his 'best friend' had been falling apart and he had been too busy with his own life to even notice that this was happening to Sam. "Colby, you just missed our turn." Sam sighed, still staring out of his window. Sam looked at Colby when he didn't say anything in response. "Colby? You ok?" Sam asked before Colby pulled the car over onto the side of the road. They were only a few streets away from their house but Colby didn't want to do this at home just incase they started shouting and someone was home.

"Sam... Show me you arm." Colby demanded as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel, tears finally escaping his eyes."

"Colby? Why are you crying?" Sam asked as Colby's knuckles turn white from gripping the steering wheel so much.

"Stop avoiding my question and show me your damn arm!" Colby shouted which made Sam flinch. Sam held his arm close to his chest.

"What? Why?" Sam asked before Colby grabbed Sam's arm and pulled up the sleeve, revealing his pink arm that was littered in cuts and scars. Sam was too tired and weak to stop him but he quickly pulled away when he realised what Colby had done. There was an uncomfortable silence in the car as they stared into each others tearful eyes.

"Sammy... Why would you d-"

"Why would I do something like this?" Sam screamed interrupting and shocking Colby. Sam had finally had enough of Colby being so ignorant. "You. That's why." Sam mumbled as tears fell out of his eyes and he looked down at the ground.

"Me?" Colby whimpered as more tears fell from his eyes.

"Yes you!" Sam screamed as his nose and cheeks turned red from the crying.

"What did I do?" Colby whimpered as he continued looking at Sam with tears in his eyes.

"You left me... You replaced me." Sam cried as Colby realised how stupid he had been. "You spent all your time with Brennen and Shea and... and..." Sam put his head in his hands as he started sobbing.

"I'm so so sorry Sammy... I've been so stupid. Please forgive me?" Colby asked as Sam looked up.

"I-I..." Sam stuttered. He wanted to say yes to Colby's question but Colby was the reason why he had been in so much pain for the past few months. The blonde also wanted to reveal his true feelings for the brunette but he wasn't sure if he had the guts to do it.

"Sam!" Colby screamed as Sam got out of the car. He knew Colby wasn't into men and he didn't want to be rejected so he ran.

(You do not know how many times I have rewritten this chapter because I didn't like it.)