Chapter 30 (Final)

Start from the beginning

"You're also forgetting how Victor went to Russia with me." Yurio huffs.

"And that you and Victor were together!" Yuuko slams both her hands down on the bed.

"You two even slept together!" Phitchit randomly shouts.

"Dude!" Chris shouts.

Everyone in the room now directs their attention towards the poor confused brunette who was now currently scratching his head. Soon as he's processed all the words they were spewing at him his entire face turned a dark red color in the matter of seconds. 'No matter how hard I try I just can't seem to recall any of that!! I don't even know who this dude is and I supposedly slept with him and everything!! Last time I checked I'm straight!' Yuri thinks to himself. This was news even to Yuri's parents but, they weren't surprised giving how close the two boys always were.

Yuri barriers his tomato red face in his hands "I'm sorry? I don't remember any of that... "

"But you remember Makka-chin?" Otabek walks up behind Yurio.

"Of course!" Yuri tries to calm down "Isn't that Yurio's dog?"

"That mut belongs to Victor." Yurio crosses his arms and shakes his head "No way in hell I would own a rat like that!"

"It seems as though he remembers everything and everyone else but Victor..." Yuuko looks back towards Chris and Takeshi "Could one of you go down towards the gift shop and inform Victor... tell him not to come up here..."

"Are you serious?! But Victor has been waiting the longest to see him!!" Takeshi grabs Yuuko's shoulders.

"What good is it if he doesn't remember him!" She shouts as she starts to tear up "I don't want him to be in anymore pain..! Imagine waiting so long for someone you're intimate with only to have them not remember you..."

Chris sighs out "I'll go..." deeply regretting not saying the explanation as to this cause.

Before anyone could stop him Chris heads towards the door and down the flight of stairs next to it. As he inches closer and closer to Victor's location the more he feels for the whole situation. 'I remember that conversation between me and Yuri so vividly... his Hanahaki disease...'

FLASHBACK [From chapter 7]

"Yuri..? Are you..?" Chris notices as Yuri coughs out actual flower petals "Are those real...?"

'Oh no, he saw me...' Yuri freaks out slightly as Chris had finally caught on to why he's always out of breath and choking on what seem like nothing. 'The feelings are connected to the petals... Not only mine but Victor's as well so if he knows what the disease is...'

"Hanahaki?" Chris says with a concerned look.

In shock Yuri pushes Chris off him and stands up on shaky legs. With dry tears on his face he removes his glasses and brushes some hair behind his ear. Chris opens his mouth slightly to say something when he closes it again understanding the situation.

"An illness born from one sided love." Yuri smiles sadly "Please... don't tell anyone."

"I won't..?" Chris stares in shock as he watches the sick boy try to stand up again.

END

'Afterwards of course I got concerned with his overall health so I started to research this fictional disease. It was hard but then I got my hands on this website from the dark side of the internet. It explained how this had happened once before in medieval times and the experiments done upon the person afterwards. Once the petals are removed and they've forgotten their person; there's no way that their memories will come back no matter what is said or shown to them. And in the cases I read... majority never develop feelings for their beloved ever again. It's kinda like Russian roulette but only this time instead of a bullet it's catching feelings.' Chris makes his hands into fists as he finally makes it to the entrance of the hospital gift shop.