46# On Cloud Nine?

Start from the beginning

Taking my hand, we started walking down the stairs.

Everyone was there, but Paul and Clara were late.

"Sorry for being late, guys!" I called catching their attention.

"Come here," Ed smile extending his hand for me which I gladly took. He pulled me to sit next to him wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"I missed you." Ed chuckled kissing my forehead as I wrapped my arms around his abdomen.

"And where are you working, Delilah?" Mum started a conversation.

"Actually, I'm a doctor and I have my own clinic. Other than that, I make few medical researches on my own and publish them in international magazines."

"That's wonderful! You're older than Daniel, then?"

"With six years." Delilah smiled at Daniel who returned it.

"That's lovely! Edward is older than Amber with seven years. I don't think Amber enjoyed the difference in age so much, though." Mum teased.

"He was annoying and you always supported him against me!" I protested making them laugh lightly.

"And she was always like that! So rude even when she's carrying a baby. Oh man, you took a feisty one." Ed shook his head playfully at Daniel making us laugh harder.

"Yeah I see. Feisty and beautiful- just my type!" Daniel raised his hands up in surrender.

"You should learn from him- huh!" Sarah elbowed Ed.

"Sorry, I'm the most romantic guy! and I got you the best two gifts in the world, didn't I?" He motioned for Alex and Alaska.

"I won't lie, you did, but you should've completed your generous gesture and became the mother-" and with that Alex started crying. "because I'm tired of this."

"Yeah, okay." He rubbed his hands together and got up from next to me and to the baby bed where Alex was sleeping.

"Daniel, Call Paul."

"He called me and said that he'll be here in five minutes."

"Oh Paul is late! I thought I will die before seeing that day." Alan chuckled.

"Yeah! He used to punish me with extra hours of training if I came late." Daniel chuckled.

"He still does that with all of us, actually!" Alan groaned and I smiled getting up.

"Where are you going?" Daniel held my hand to stop me.

"To the kitchen. I'll get the drinks." I shrugged.

"I'll come to help-"

"No, stay here. It'll be rude to leave them alone." He just nodded.

"Okay, but if you need anything, yell for me."

"Okay!" I nodded and he finally let go of my hand.

"I'll come with you." Sarah got up and I nodded walking to the kitchen with her following.

"We never got the chance to talk alone." She winked sitting on a high stool and I sighed sitting across from her.

"Oh Sarah! so much was going on. The last few weeks were like a nightmare!"

"What? What happened? I thought everything was fine with Daniel!" She frowned.

"It's not about Daniel-" I paused as she gave me an attentive look. I got up and locked the door and she became even more confused.