Chapter Fifty Nine ~ The Discovery

Start from the beginning

"Sure thing hyung." Jungkook nodded and left the basement with Hobi not far behind.

"Jin you need to stay here, guard the house and keep in constant contact, I want updates each hour."

"Whatever you need." Jin gave a nod, remaining in position.

"Taehyung keep Y/N safe and distracted, get her home and packed."

"I can't lie to her, she's my mate and deserves the truth." Taehyung simply wouldn't do it, not even if his alpha demanded it of him. Y/N was his mate, his partner for life and lying to her was not something he was prepared to do. Y/N valued honesty as did he, to lie would leave a bitter taste in his mouth.

"Then tell her the truth Taehyung, I didn't really want her knowing anything until we at least knew who it was but if you're not willing to be dishonest with her then I won't force you."

Taehyung gave a nod, this was one of the many reasons Namjoon had his unwavering loyalty and respect, even as the alpha he never forced the members of his pack to do something that wouldn't remain true to their character.

"Thanks hyung." He gave a nod, flashed a warm smile and then with angry eyes turned to face Yoongi.

"If anything happens to Y/N....I'll never forgive you." Taehyung had never been more furious, it took all his strength to walk away before he did something he would later regret.

Yoongi didn't say a word, he kept his head down and once Taehyung had left he sighed deeply.

"He's right to feel that way, all of this is because of me." The despair which coated his words deeply bothered the remaining pack members, none of them had ever seen Yoongi look and sound so defeated.

"It's okay hyung, we know you never intended for this to happen." Jimin was always there to offer words of support, if Namjoon was the one who gave their pack purpose then Jimin was the one who gave it heart....warmth.

"I appreciate that Jimin but it doesn't change what's happening or what's going to happen now they've declared war."  

"You're both right but now isn't the time, we've got a war to prepare for." Namjoon interrupted.

Jin still hadn't said a word, eyes narrowing as Jimin comforted his mate.

"Jin please take Jimin with you, do a patrol around the house and make sure we're entirely secure."

Jin gave a nod and headed for the stairs with a scowl, Jimin trailed reluctantly behind.

"I'll be fine Jimin, don't worry." Yoongi forced a smile, he knew the younger wolf wanted to stay and make sure he was okay but jobs needed to be done and he could deal with this alone.

"Yoongi, you need to show me the body, take me to the clearing."

Yoongi gave a nod.

"Okay but prepare yourself.....it's not a pretty sight."

~    
Flashback to the Captor & Captive chapter

Jisoo entered her bedroom with a smile, this was what she loved the most.

Dark nights

Hot chocolate

Her journal

"Excuse me Mr. Whiskers, sorry to move you but you're on my chair."  Jisoo chuckled as she gently picked up her cat.

"Autumn nights, my absolute favourite Mr. Whiskers, wouldn't you agree?" She winked, giving the spot behind his ear a little scratch as she let him rest across her lap.

"What should we write today?" She opened up her journal, stirring the hot chocolate as she ran through her eventful day.

Helping at the store

Family over for dinner

Out shopping with Y/N

Jisoo knew exactly where to start, she picked up her pen and with a flick of her wrist made sure the spoon kept stirring her mom's delicious hot chocolate.

It was moments later that she felt  him weaken, Jisoo knew exactly what was happening and there was nothing she could do to save him. The invisible thread which kept her emotionally in sync with all those she loved was never wrong, whenever they went through an emotion strong enough she immediately picked up on it.

Bam.....

She felt everything he did

Confusion

Terror

Grief

Sadness

Love

Then nothing.....the connection lost.

Tears clouded her vision

No....it can't be.

Not him

Not now

This wasn't supposed to happen

Jisoo reached for her phone with trembling hands, this couldn't be true.

"Answer, please answer." Jisoo begged yet he didn't answer.

"Jisoo hunnie, have you got anything for the wash? Jisoo? Oh hunnie what's wrong?" Her mother rushed in, placing the basket of laundry down.

"Mom, have your senses ever been wrong before?" 

"Never, why?" Jisoo's mom knelt down, taking her hands and squeezing them gently.

"I can't feel him anymore." 

"You can't feel who?" Her mom's voice was filled with concern, she had never seen her daughter like this before.

"Bam...I can't feel him anymore...his energy is gone....mom Bam is dead."