Chapter Twenty Eight ~ It Hurts Me Too

Namjoon knocked on the door and patiently waited for his brother to grant him access, he wasn't the type to just barge in without an invite.

"Yeah."

"It's Joon, can we talk?" 

There was a pause, some movement before his request was finally granted.

"Yeah, come through." 

Namjoon pushed open the door and stepped inside, eyes falling across his brother who was sitting at his desk looking at something on his laptop.

"I'm guessing you'll never change your mind about Jin?" Namjoon hated bringing this subject up but he wanted so badly to help out his two brothers, he could sense how much pain they were both in.

"I'm not discussing this, you know why I made the decision." 

"I know you're doing it to protect him but you know how much this is hurting him.....isn't there a chance you'll change your mind?"

"No.....and he isn't the only one hurting, you really think I wanted to reject him? I love him, he's my mate and it totally broke me to reject him but I had my reasons and my reasons are justified. I'll never put him in danger, as my mate his life will be at constant risk and I'll never allow that to happen."

Namjoon sighed, he understood why his brother rejected Jin but he was also hurt over the fact he couldn't do anything to lessen their pain.

"I never said you're not hurting, I know you deal with the pain differently but....."

"I know what you're going to say, I know you hate keeping this a secret from the others but we can't tell them that Jin's my mate....that I'm the one that rejected him. It'll just put Jin at risk, I trust the guys and know they would never say anything to anyone but my enemies have ways of making people talk so the less people that know the better."

Namjoon could see how tired his brother was and wished there was something he could do, he was supposed to be their alpha and yet he was failing them at every turn. 

"Namjoon this isn't your fault, it's my fault for associating myself with people I shouldn't have and now I'm paying the price."

"I know but you're a different person now and you've moved on from that life, you deserve happiness and so does Jin....he's not coping well this time."

"Don't you think I can't feel his pain, I haven't marked or claimed him....I rejected him but I still feel him." The pain in his voice was evident, he was clearly holding back tears.

"It's okay to cry, there's nothing wrong with getting upset over this." Namjoon approached his brother, placing a hand on his shoulder and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

"It hurts me too....it fucking hurts so bad."

His brother rarely showed emotion like this, he was always the one to keep himself composed.

"I know Yoongi....I know." Namjoon pulled his small frame closer, arms wrapping around him protectively as he broke down.