Chapter Fourteen ~ Change (1/2)

Y/N's POV

I'm sitting on the steps outside my house, the breeze warm yet I'm shaking. I'm exhausted, by morning my bed sheets were a complete mess and aside from a few fitful half hours of vivid dreams I didn't sleep a wink. My stomach shifts uneasily and I notice that the hands that I'm hugging myself with are pinching into my skin. I release my hands but then I can't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasp and unclasp each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance. I don't want to chew on my nails or lips, so I find myself gnawing on the inside of my cheek.

I don't usually wear outfits like this and definitely don't take mirror selfies and post them to Instagram, my social media lacks selfies as that's not my thing. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram all have photos of nature, people and objects that interest me. I've never really been the type who cares for what others think of me, I don't see the need to get dressed up. I've always believed that beauty comes from within, if you've got a good soul that shines through but I wanted to start my day off right.....I wanted to feel good about myself, feel confident. I wanted to show Taehyung he wasn't going to win, that his cruelty won't drag me down. Jisoo said I needed to hold my head high, have faith in myself so I guess I wanted to feel the part in a powerful outfit but now I just feel stupid because this isn't me at all.

I don't post my outfits on Instagram.....what the hell am I trying to do.

Hey everyone I'm wearing a cool outfit because I'm taking back control of my life and cutting Kim Taehyung out of it......yeah that's ridiculous and I need to change.

I shouldn't like Taehyung, he's never been nice to me but for some reason there's this connection which confuses and angers me. I shouldn't feel anything but contempt for him, why should I go to such lengths in order to gain his attention. I don't want to be one of those girls, desperate for their crush to notice them, I don't understand why we always fall for the bad guy. I guess it's the adrenaline rush it gives us, that we could possibly be the one to tame them.

I feel physically sick, I could always take the day off and forget this stupid idea. I know Jisoo would kill me though, especially after she gave me a little pep talk this morning.

I can do this, just go to college and ignore him and whatever happens happens. I take a deep breath, tell myself to snap the hell out of this ridiculous mood and stand up.

"YOU!"

My eyes widen, body spinning around.

"Taehyung?" I manage to blurt out as he crosses my yard. I also notice that the only thing he's wearing is his slacks, nothing at all covering his toned upper body and instantly my eyes fall to his well defined abs. I feel blood rushing to my face, embarrassment and confusion overwhelms me.

Why the hell is Taehyung here? Why does he look so angry and why the fuck is he only wearing his slacks?!

Taehyung doesn't even seem to notice nor does he care that he's striding across my yard half naked, I quickly look around to make sure nobody else is watching this spectacle unfold and then my eyes turn back to him.

"Taehyung why the hell are you half naked?!" I whisper yell as he strides up the steps and pushes me back against the door.

"You're not wearing that today, go back inside and change." Taehyung narrows his eyes, he gives me the once over and shakes his head. I've never seen someone so angry, what's wrong with my outfit and why does he seem to care so much. I've never been so confused in my life, what the hell is going on.

"Taehyung what the fuck....why are you here? How do you even know where I live and why do you care what I'm wearing and for the love of God! Where is your shirt?!" I can't help but allow my eyes to fall across his exposed form.

"They're just abs Y/N, get a hold of yourself." I instantly lift my head, eyes meeting his and for the first time there's something different swimming inside them. I usually get looks of disgust, nothing but a cold void but today there's something else.

"Taehyung explain this to me, you've got to admit this...." I gesture to his half naked form. "Is weird and I'm incredibly confused right now." I keep my eyes on his, watching as his intense gaze drops to my lips.

"Your blushing Y/N."  I narrow my eyes, trying my hardest to not let my attraction to him show.     

He moves closer, hands resting on the door either side of my head. "You smell.....so fucking good." He practically growls the last part, nose brushing over the curve of my neck. Fuck, what the hell is happening.

"Taehyung.....I don't understand."  I whisper as he runs his tongue over my skin, teeth gently biting before his lips place kisses over my exposed shoulder.

"I need you to change." He growls against my ear, taking the lobe in his mouth and sucking.

What the fuck....

"I thought you hated me, what about Megan?"

"Fuck Megan and you're right....I do hate you for doing this to me."

"Doing what to you?" I whimper now, not understanding any of this.

"Are your parents home?" He asks, avoiding all my questions.

"No, they're at work." I squeal as he grabs my waist and lifts me up, instinctively my legs wrap around his waist and I'm impressed with the strength he possesses.

"We're getting you changed then." He pushes open the door, kicking it closed behind him and without even asking he makes his way upstairs and approaches my room.

"How do you know where my room is?" I cock my brow, eyes searching his as he drops me down on my bed.

"I can smell it, I can smell you." He grumbles and approaches my closet, searching the rails and throwing me a pair of baggy jeans with a black hoodie.

What the fuck does he mean?! Smell me?!

I'm seriously questioning his sanity.

"Change....now." It doesn't even seem to phase him that he's still half naked, his eyes narrow when I don't make a move to grab the clothes and change.

"I'll do it for you if you don't do it yourself, your call." He growls.

"Taehyung why are you doing this?" If he wants me to change then he needs to give me answers. "Also....will you please put a fucking shirt on because I can't concentrate." I blush and he chuckles....wait! Kim Taehyung just laughed at something I said.

"I'll change but on two conditions, one you let me get one of my dad's shirts for you to wear and two you at least tell me why you care about my outfit so much.....it's just a pair of pants." I narrow my eyes, daring him to turn me down.

"Fine." He says after almost a minute of awkward silence.

"Okay, wait here." I leave my room, heading down the hallway to grab him a shirt.

Could this morning get any weirder.