Chapter Five ~ First Day

Taehyung's POV ~

"You ready for your first day?" There was a gentle knock on my door, Jin didn't wait for my reply as he pushed it open and popped his head around.

"Yah! Hyung! I could've been changing!" I grumbled, fixing my hair. 

"It's not like I haven't seen you naked before." He chuckled, completely oblivious to my irritable mood.

"I don't understand why you're insisting to drive us hyung, we know where the college is, we can just shift and run there together."

"Absolutely not! I don't want anyone shifting until Namjoon has marked the territory first, plus it's broad daylight and we don't want to risk anyone spotting us just yet. I'll drive you guys to college before heading to work, it's on the way for me anyway."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"Tae please try your best to behave, it's important we make a good first impression here. I know you miss the city and your friends there but I'm sure you'll make more here, just give people a chance."

"I'll try, not making any promises though." I wasn't trying to be difficult, I just didn't really make friends easily so guess you could say I was nervous.

"I made breakfast, come down and eat before you leave." He flashed a sweet smile before heading back downstairs.

I sighed, taking one final look at myself in the mirror before leaving the room.

During breakfast.

Taehyung's POV ~

"You feeling okay?" Namjoon asked as he filled my glass with juice.

"I'm good, don't know what came over me last night but I'm sorry."

"It's not something we can always control, just happy you're okay now. I was doing a little research last night, you said the scent was human right?"

I gave a nod, helping myself to the pancakes Jin had made for the seven of us.

"Yeah, never experienced anything like it before. I've found human scents enticing before especially around a full moon but never anything like this, it was strange."

Namjoon seemed to be deep in thought as he listened to me.

"Strange how?" He questioned, passing me the maple syrup.

"Thanks." I took it from him, pouring some over my impressive pancake stack. "Erm...I don't know. It wasn't like anything I've ever felt before, I wanted to find the source. I wanted to get closer, protect it." I scoffed, finding my words ridiculous.

The lack of response from Namjoon caused me to lift my head, six pairs of inquisitive eyes staring back at me.

"What?" I asked with a raised brow.

"Protect it....you wanted to protect it?" Jin stumbled over his words.  

"I guess yeah." I furrowed my brow. "Why, what's wrong with that?"

"Ah, nothing. I'm sure it was nothing." Namjoon said with a smile as he added another pancake to my plate and shot Jin a look which I couldn't quite make out.

"Yeah, like Namjoon says....it's probably nothing you need to worry about. Eat up..." Jin smiled, nodding at my plate.

"You two are weird." I chuckled, completely confused about what was happening between the two of them.

Before leaving the house.

Jin's POV ~

I finished clearing the table as the others finished getting themselves ready, my mind running over what Tae had said at the table.