The Calm Before the Storm

Start from the beginning

I drew a kunai and lunged at him again, fighting against him in taijutsu. He parried and counted all my attacks as I did him.

"So the rumors are true. The last survivor or Konoha's famous Uchiha Clan is the worst of them." The rain ninja taunted.

My mind immediately went to thoughts of my brother and I growled in hated and spite. The ninja took that as an opening and electrocuted me. I heard Naruto and Sakura call out my name as I hit the ground. I tensely rose to my feet with shadowed eyes.

"Take it back." I growled. "Take it back!"

"Take what back?"

"What you said just now!" I ignited another Chidori. "Don't you dare underestimate me, the last survivor of the Uchiha Clan!" I barked and charged forward in blind rage. My damaged pride the only thing fueling me. The next time we collided, the Raijin no Ken cracked in a blinding light. But it wasn't enough to break the blade and I was again thrown back and electrocuted onto the bridge.

The bridge was getting ready to fall apart with me on it if it wasn't for the brown wolf of Natsuki's I had been riding on saving me. I was barely conscious as I was pulled to safety. While the brown wolf with the red eyes protected me, Naruto recovered and climbed to his feet.

Naruto summoned a mass of shadow clones and then charged all at once. Swing after swing, the clones were taken out. At the back of all the Naruto's, the real one formed another ball of molded chakra. However, Naruto was taken out before he could finish molding the attack.

"You're the same as that Uchiha dropout. Why is Konoha so full of idiots?" Our opponent said. I clenched my jaw at his comment.

Naruto rose to his feet with new determination and charged forward with another molded chakra ball ready, once again he was knocked back. However, Naruto refuced to quit and got ready to repeat his previous attacks. But this one was different.

Naruto sent two clones at the rain ninja at an incredible speed and threw rocks; not at the ninja but at the sword. Idate lent a hand and that proved to be the distraction Naruto needed.

Naruto kicked off the ground and thrusted his ball of chakra forward. The enemy just managed to block with the sword, breaking it in two. The blonde dumb ass followed through and drived the ball of chakra into Aoi's abdomen, sending him flying over the cliff.

I climbed to my feet, using the red eyed wolf as support and glared at Naruto while he was praised by Sakura and Idate.

"Hey, where's Natsuki?" Naruto said looking around for the wolf girl. Almost on cue, the white wolf jumped up onto the ledge with a wounded Natsuki on it's back.

"Natsuki!" The others called and ran over to her, I shadowed behind. The noise from the others woke her up.

"Hey guys. Did we get 'em?"

"Haha, yea! He's taken care of." Naruto grinned.

Natsuki looked over to me and gave me a warm smile. Instead of returning it, I looked away.

_______________________________

We were on wolf back and at an unreal speed, flew towards the goal. We got to the base of the Todoroki Shrine. Cheering could be heard at the top of the stone stairs.

"Fukusuke must already by up there. It might be too late." Idate said.

I watched as Natsuki place a gentle hand on Idate's shoulder. "Go, Idate. You can still make it. So run your ass off all the way to the finish line!" Natsuki gave him one of her perfect smiles that could light up a room. He returned it and sprinted up the stairwell.

"Let's go, too." Natsuki said to us and mounted her white wolf. The whole of Team 7 followed Idate on our wolves to the top and watched him complete the race against Fukusuke, giving it his all for first place.

The final stretch was heated as the runners were neck and neck. Natsuki, Sakura and Naruto cheered for him like his life depended on it. I was silent.

Their cheers were what Idate needed and helped him over the finish line and claiming first place.

_____________________________

I opened my eyes only to find myself carried on a stretcher onto a boat. I looked past the people carrying me and found Sakura and Naruto following behind.

My eyes widened and my heart rate quickened as the heat of anger boiled under my skin. What I saw, I couldn't find the words to describe.

"Natsuki..?" I groaned out. Natsuki pulled away from Idate and furiously rubbed at her pink lips, eyes wide at what she had been caught doing.

"Sasuke...!"

==========================================================

Boom bada Boom! Here's the next update.

Hope you enjoyed ^_^