~14~

After Fury left we spent the rest of the day planning how we were going to extract the Avengers from Russia without getting caught. It's 10:30 when we decide to head to bed so we're well rested for tomorrow. Well Clint and Mary anyway. It was past midnight and I couldn't sleep.

I never wanted to go anywhere near that Hydra base but what choice did I have now?

Since I had nothing to do I decided to check an old communication network that I shared with an old friend in Hydra. At least we were friends at the time, it tends to change.

'Avengers captured. On site. Be waiting.' - WS

I smile when I see the message. At least we'll have help from the inside. "Hey, what are you doing up?" Clint's tired voice asks as he walks into the living room. 

"Couldn't sleep," I admit. He sits down next to me wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me to his chest, "what's wrong?" 

I sigh looking up to him. "It's just....I never wanted to go back there and now....I have to."

"You don't have to do this," he replies gently. 

"But I do. It's time for me to face my past." 

He sighs kissing my head. "Okay. If you're sure about this...."

"I am."

[][][][][]

"Wake up!" 

Both Clint and I shoot up in the bed. I glare at Mary who is standing at the bottom of the bed with a mug in her hand smiling amused at us. Glancing at the clock I notice it's 6:32am, I groan looking to Mary. "Seriously? 6:30am!" I ask Mary in no way amused at being woke up this early. 

"Yep. Get up you two. We have things to be doing," she replies. "Oh, by the way, I called my Dad and Brother to help us out with this. They're in the living room. Oh, and I told them about you and Hydra, just a warning." She walks out leaving the door open. 

Clint and I look at each other, we simultaneously groan and throw our heads back down on the pillows. Clint huffs and leans up over me before bringing his head down so his lips meet mine. "We should get up before she comes back," he comments. We both sit up throwing the covers back and drag ourselves out of bed and into the living room. 

"I hate you so much right now," I grumble as I enter the living room seeing Mary. She laughs and walks past with her coffee which I take from her hands. "Hey," she complains. 

"You woke me up this early, you gotta live with the consequences," I reply sitting down on a brown armchair. 

[][][][][]

Slowly I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I can't believe i'm actually doing this. I never once thought I would ever step foot in that base willingly, but now i'm doing exactly that. "You okay," Ethan, Mary's brother, asks from beside me. I open my eyes looking to him and sighing. 

"Yep. Just never really wanted to go back there, like ever," I state. "But I got this."

Ethan laughs quietly, "good because you're kinda our tour guide." 

"True," I state laughing slightly. "So, how's Chloe?" 

"She good. I left her in a safe house with some agent watching over her so hopefully she isn't too worried." I hum in agreement as the jet begins to descend to the ground. "Here we go," I mumble. 

Once the jet had landed all five occupants leave the jet as I glance down at my phone. Before we could start our walk closer to the base I stopped them, "wait, there's something I need to tell you all before we go." 

"As you all know I grew up here, so I happen to know someone who is based here. They said they can get us inside undetected, we just need to meet him about five minutes west of here."

All four of them share a look, "do you trust him?" William asks. "With my life," I reply. They all nod in confirmation, "lead the way," Clint comments. 

"So who exactly are we meeting?" Mary asks as we make our way through the trees. 

"My old, occasional, partner. The Winter Soldier. AKA Bucky Barnes." 

"Wait, I know that name," Ethan states. "Bucky Barnes. Isn't that the Captains old best friend from back in the day?" 

"Yep. Long story short, when he fell from that train Hydra found him. They've been wiping his memories and controlling him ever since. But this time Hydra haven't found out that he has his memories so they haven't wiped him yet." 

"Holy shit, this world is stranger than I thought," Clint whispers sarcastically which causes me to roll my eyes. Up ahead I see Bucky waiting for us so I speed up a little until I reach him. He spots me instantly and smiles. I run the last few steps and jump into a hug, "I've missed you," I whisper as he puts me back down. 

"It's good to see you Hales."

"Okay, Bucky this is my husband Clint, my best friend Mary, her brother Ethan and her father Will. Guys this is Bucky," I quickly introduce. 

"Alright so how are we doing this?" Clint asks as her wraps his arms around my waist. 

"Okay so there's three entrances. We all split into twos and take one entrance. Will and Ethan can take the west entrance, Mary and Clint can take south and Bucky and I will take the main entrance at the north," I explain. Clint pouts playfully, "Why did I get stuck with Mary?" I laugh as Mary flips him off. 

"Hayley and I will be the main distraction. Once we enter they'll pull the guards from the other doors so wait at a minute of two before entering," Bucky explains.

Before we all split Clint pulls me into a kiss, "be careful," he whispers as his forehead leans against mine. 

"You too." 

[][][][][]

"Everyone in position?" I ask through the comms. I get various replies saying that they were ready so I nod to Bucky moves forward. As we come up on the door I take out my knife and sneak up on the agent on patrol. I come up behind him clamping my hand over his mouth and quickly slitting his throat while Bucky works on the door. By the time i'm done Bucky has the door ready to open. I nod as he opens the door. 

We both move quickly through the door as the first wave of guards spot us. I look to Bucky and smirk, "this should be fun."