~11~

"Hayley."

I groan opening my eyes to find Clint watching me as he tries to wake me. "Come on, we should leave now."

"What time is it?" I ask as I drag myself out of the bed.

"Just after six."

"Okay. Where are we going?" I ask as I put my hair into a braid and put my boots on.

"Well, I figured we should check in at Mary's since it's on the way before we head to the tower," he states pulling his jacket on. He grabs one of the guns putting it in his jeans, he grabs the other and holds it out for me to take, "how long has it been since you shot one?"

"Battle of New York," I reply taking the gun. He raises his eyebrows in curiosity, "long story."

[][][][][]

"Shit," I curse as we get near Mary's, "there she is." Clint drives to meet her as she runs from five armed Hydra agents. He stops the car right beside her, "get in," I tell her through the window, she climbs in the back seat and Clint speeds away.

"Let me guess. Hydra," he states as we drive away.

"You too, huh?" she asks with a smile. Clint and I simultaneously nod our heads. "Shit, they're following us."

I look out the window to see a black SUV following us. Clint speeds up and loses them for a minute as we stop in a small industrial space and climb out the car. "Come on," Clint states leading us behind a wall, "we need to take out as many as we can."

Just as he finishes the SUV and more cars pull up totalling about ten agents all together, "looks like they called some friends," I comment.

"Great."

Mary pulls out a gun looking to me and then Clint, "what about...."

Clint and I share a look, this probably isn't the best time to explain everything. I look to Mary pulling out a gun, "she'll be fine," Clint states as Mary looks to me confused and surprised.

"I'll explain later," I tell her, she nods and looks around the corner. I look up to see a fire escape that would give me a better visual of the Hydra agents who were now searching the area, "i'm gonna get up there so I can see better."

Clint nods and I start climbing, once further up I can see they're getting closer. I look to the right and see one agent sneaking up behind Mary and Clint so I make the quick decision to shoot. The bullet flies through his head but also alerts the others to our location so I drop down from the fire escape. Mary and Clint look to me, we all start running in the opposite direction to the agents who were now coming for us. We stop behind a small concrete barrier and start firing back. Eventually there's only two Hydra agents left, only problem is: we're out of bullets. I look to the two that are left and instantly recognise them from my time with Hydra. "Wait here," I mutter to Clint and Mary.

"What are you going to do," Clint mutters back, I sigh and look to the two approaching men. Clint instantly realises what i'm going to do but I shake my head, "they'll kill you two but they won't kill me."

Mary looks to me confused, "long story," I tell her. "Trust me?" I ask Clint who nods in return. I pull him closer to kiss him before standing up making sure I keep my hands visible to the two men.

"Well, well, look who we have here," one of them states in a Russian accent as I cautiously walk closer. Once I am close enough they reach out to grab me but I quickly grab one arm bending it so he's been held in a painful way before kicking the other in the stomach. While the other is on the ground I quickly grab a knife from the other shoving it in his throat. I turn to see the other standing up so I run over to him, jumping on his shoulders and bending backwards to flip him to the floor. Once on the floor I grab his head in a way so I can twist it and snap his neck. I sigh before looking to Mary and Clint who have shocked and impressed expressions.

"Damn," Mary mutters before curiously glancing to Clint who shakes his head.

"Later."