~13~

I woke suddenly as someone banged on the front door. Looking to my right I notice my husband still sleeping peacefully like he hasn't heard a thing. Knowing him he probably hasn't. How he survived as a Shield agent is a mystery to me. Mary too apparently, she isn't awake either. I drag myself out of bed grabbing a knife from the kitchen bench and head for the door. Cautiously I look through the peephole. On the other side of the door a man resembling a pirate was waiting. Instantly I know who it is. I open the door after I put the knife down.

"Hayley, right? Director Fury. I'm sure your husband told you I was coming," he states as I move to let him in and close the door.

"He did."

"Where is he?" He asks when he doesn't see Clint. I smirk and laugh, "still in bed."

"Of course he is. How has he survived this long?" He asks, more to himself.

"I was wondering the same thing," I reply amused. "I'll go wake him."

I head back into the bedroom where I find Clint still sleeping. Shaking my head I walk over to the bed climbing on. I lean down to kiss Clint hoping to wake him. After a few seconds he wakes smirking up at me. He instantly responds to the kiss pulling me down. I laugh sitting back up, "get up."

He groans before getting up and pulling a shirt on. He follows me to the living room where Fury was waiting. When we get there Mary is already up drinking some coffee.

"Director, when did you get here?" Clint asks when we enter the living room. "Not long ago. Hayley let me in," he replies.

"How did neither of you hear him banging on the door?" I ask with an amused smirk. Mary and Clint share a look between them and simultaneously shrug. "Anyway, I came here for a reason," Fury begins only to be interrupted by Clint. "There's something we need to tell you first," Clint states looking at me. Fury nods for him to continue. Clint then explains, with some input from me, the situation with me and Hydra. 

"So let me get this straight," Fury begins pointing at me. "You were Hydra. You were raised to be a Hydra assassin along side the Winter Soldier until you escaped and you've spent these last few years in hiding."

"Yep," I simply reply.

"Right. Actually maybe you can help with this," he replies pulling out a tablet. "Twelve hours ago Cap and the team, with the exception of Thor and Banner, raided a Hydra base in Russia. As of 11:30 last night, they have been declared missing. We've had no contact with them, comms are dead and anything with a tracker is offline." 

"So, let me get this straight. Hydra have managed to capture a super soldier, a billionaire in a metal suit and an ex-Russian spy all in one go?" I ask in disbelief. 

"Yes." 

"And you want us to go get them?" Mary asks. 

"Yes. This has to play out as a stealth mission. You cannot get caught. And since Hayley has a pretty good idea of how Hydra work, this shouldn't be too hard," Fury states glancing at me. He flick to another page on the tablet, pulling up a map with the base marked out. Immediately I know exactly where the base is. 

"That's the base they're at?" I exclaim. Fury raises his eyebrows, "that's their last known location. I'm guessing you know it." 

"Yeah. That's where I grew up. It's where I was trained." 

"Then you should know that base well then." 

"I do."