Chapter 25

Valentines day. The day of love.

I've never really disliked it even when I was single. I just never understood it.

The concept that one day of the year is specialized for love. But, why do we need one special day to go out for a significant other, why cant we just love each other.

I know Brandon is going to be busy with Charlotte and Edwin with Tiffany but I dont know what to do with Zion.

It's currently 8:50p am and I have my backpack over my shoulder as I walk to a lecture I am required to go to. Taylor is meeting up with me halfway since it's a 7 minute walk. Continuing to walk over, I spot Taylor sitting a bench on her phone.

"Hey Taylor," I call out, grabbing her attention.

She looks up from her phone and smiles, "Hey, Hazel, got any plans for Valentine's Day?"

"Not the I know of," I answer as she stands up, grabbing her backpack and walks with me.

"What about that hottie of a boyfriend of yours?" She nudges my arms, playfully.

I laugh and say, "I dont know, what do I get him?"

"Girl, you're on your own for that, I havent got the slightest clue what guys like," She responds.

"Thanks, your incredibly helpful," I roll my eyes sarcastically, "So you got a special lady in your life?"

She shakes her head, "Nope. My love life is a deadend."

"That's too bad," I say.

Taylor shrugs up her shoulder carelessly, "Not really, I mean I could go on tinder I guess, I just dont care."

"Attagirl," I encourage almost at the lecture building.

*****

I got Zion a thin, simple but cute gold chain necklace. Wasnt too flashy but thoughtful in the simple sense.

I had on minimal makeup just, concealer, mascara, blush, highlighter, and chapstick. My outfit was a cute yellow two piece. The top was a bandeau type of top with a long beautiful high waisted skirt.

Apparently Edwin wanted to take picture today so I had to get dressed up. Sometimes I like to dress up but most of the times I prefer my hoodie and jeans.

Heading into the main room, I find Dylan on the mini couch we have, eating chocolates. She looked emotionlessly dead, staring ahead of her.

"That's the saddest thing I've every seen," I state grabbing my keys and a bottle of water.

"Why on earth are you all dressed up?" She asks noticing my clothes.

"I have to do a photoshoot," I groan.

"You win," Dylan says putting down the chocolate.

"I'll bring home some candy for you," I offer, grabbing my phone, chapstucka and the change of clothes I prepared.

She looks up from her feet quickly and smiles, "I love you."

I begin to walk over to the door and blow her a kiss, "Love you too."

In 30 minutes, I arrive at the house and open the unlocked door.

Shutting the door behind me, I see everyone in the living room.

"What's up Hazel," Brandon greets doing a little nod at me.

"Nothing much," I respond, Zion noticing that I'm here.

He quickly turns around and hugs me, squeezing me so tight that I make an involuntary squeal.

"You gonna squeeze her to death," Austin warns.