Chapter 9

9:00 am, I walk into the restaurant casually with skinny ripped black jeans, a Santa Cruz black shirt, and vans. I soon spot Brandon, Edwin and Zion sitting at a corner table sipping on their drinks.

"Hey," I say and pull out a seat next to Brandon.

"Good morning," Brandon says as Edwin does a little salute and Zion gives me a small smile.

Zion looks tired. It been about a week since the last time we saw each other, maybe he is losing sleep over the soon to be tour.

"So what's new H?" Edwin asks and sips on his soda.

"Nothing all that much, Just midterms and upcoming art gallery," I say shrugging.

"Ooo we will have to check it out hopefully if we aren't on tour," Brandon nudges me.

I smile, "It's alright, probably be extremely boring, don't wait on it, so what are y'all doing today."

Zion just shrugs so Edwin answers, "Interviews for our newest song."

"Mmm sounds exciting," I respond

"Very exciting," Zion says semi sarcastically.

Maybe Zion doesn't remember the party or kiss. Maybe.

I examine the menu while Brandon and Edwin struggle to decide what they are going to order.

"Hi Can I take your order," the waitress asked.

"Yeah, can I have fruit bowl with two waffles please," I order politely.

The guys start to order their food so we hand the menus over causing my tattoos to evidentially show a bit to the waitress.

"I love your tattoo! Does it represent anything?" She asks curiously.

The one she was talking about was the most obvious tattoo I had which was on  the back of my forearm

"Oh this one, yeah it's is my grandmothers favorite flower," I say.

"Very beautiful," she compliments and walks into the back.

"So do you have any other secrets, we don't know about?" Edwin says.

I shrug, "I have other tattoos, Bob Ross is my icon, and I like pasta better with no sauce."

Edwin gasped over dramatically making Zion laugh.

"Pasta with no sauce!? That's outrageous!" Edwin says in major shock.

"Dear lord Jesus Christ," Brandon prays.

"Yeah I also prefer to eat my waffles and pancakes bare but don't do it in front of people since they usually get weirded out," I state, smiling.

Edwin pretends to pass out onto Zion's shoulders. I look at Zion at the same time as he does to me and keeps a neutral face.

I don't understand. Why hasn't he made any conversation?