Chapter 25

Whilst Camila works, Lauren spends the day on the tour bus working on what she could away from her job. She's been thinking a lot lately. Whether or not she wanted to continue with the career of being an age play therapist. It's not that she doesn't adore what she does, because in reality, it was one of the best jobs she had ever had.

It was the fact she couldn't be Camila's mama and have that career at the same time.

Camila unintentionally demands a lot of attention, and that along with managing several other clients was just an impossible task. For one, it wouldn't be fare on either of them if she couldn't split her time equally, and two, looking after anyone but Camila wasn't something she could see herself doing anymore.

It was a hard reality, but it was the truth. Camila was her baby.

Running a hand through her hair, she glances at the clock, managing a small smile when she see's it was four, the time she normally met the young girl for food after her meet and greet and before her performance.

Pocketing her phone and grabbing her leather jacket from where it was thrown on the back of the small couch, she pushes open the bus door and walks out, making sure to lock it behind her.

The journey to the arena was quick, and she soon finds herself outside Camila's dressing room bringing a hand up to knock. There was a small voice that shouts 'come in' a second later, and she of course complies and was met with the sight of both Normani and her baby sat on the couch on their phones.

At the sight of her Camila was up on her feet, and she couldn't help but chuckle as she takes her into her arms.

"Hi baby. You ready for dinner?" She leans down to press her lips against her forehead, her arms tight around her petite waist.

Camila looks up at her with a shy grin, "yes mama. Wan' food" she informs the woman with a firm nod, her hand subconsciously sneaking up the woman's shirt.

Lauren was quick to grab it before it could make it to its destination and entwines her fingers with her own, "no baby, not until later." She whispers in a soothing, yet stern voice, giving her cheek a gentle stroke with the pad of her thumb.

"hey mani, want anything?" She looks up at the girls assistant with a small smile on her face, knowing very well that she had heard their conversation and was thankful she had chosen to ignore it.

Normani looks up from her phone, "no I'm good Lo, go enjoy your time together" she grins back, causing Lauren to shake her head playfully before leading Camila out of the dressing room by the hand.

"What are we wanting my love?" She wonders as they near catering, looking down at the quiet girl with a soft, yet curios expression, a little concerned that she had yet to utter a word since they had left Normani.

It wasn't like her to be so quiet.

Camila shrugs as she looks down at her converse covered feet. All she wanted right now was to be curled up in her mama's arms nursing, not having to eat before getting ready for her performance.

Sure, she loved her fans more than anything, but the little part of her was at the front of her brain today, overpowering the mature, big part of her. Knowing that she needed to get it together before tonight, she lets out a small sigh and stands properly upright.

"Pizza" she murmurs, sending Lauren, who was looking at her with a curious expression a forced smile.

But unbeknownst to her, Lauren was very well aware of how she was feeling and without hesitation, scoops her up into her arms, waiting for her to get situated before once again beginning to walk.

"If we're quick about getting something to eat, you and mama can have some quiet time before you have to start getting ready. Does that sound okay?" She feels Camila's legs tighten around her waist, and she adjusts her grip so both her arms were underneath her behind, supporting her.

Letting out a small sigh as she buries her hands in her mama's hair, the small girl nods, her eyes drifting shut in pure content.

Like Lauren said, the two eat a quick, but decent dinner before they venture back to the bus for the promised quiet time. It only took two seconds from the time the bus door was closed and locked before little Camila came out to play, and Lauren finds herself following her antsy little girl through to the back of the bus.

"Mama off!" Camila all but whines as she plonks herself down onto the floor, her hands grasping the material of her leggings. She manages to get them to her ankles without help, but soon comes to a problem when they get stuck at her still shoe covered feet causing Lauren to kneel down in front of her with a knowing smile.

"Alright miss impatient. Mama's told you before you need to take of your shoes before your pants." She chuckles, taking Camila's foot in her own before beginning to untie her shoe. Once undone, she places it to the side and gets to work on the other one.

As soon as her feet were free Camila was tugging her pants off, and after she had tossed them to who knows where, she was climbing into her mama's arms and tugging at her shirt with a soft, impatient whine.

Knowing exactly what her little one wanted, Lauren manoeuvres herself onto the couch with her sat sideways on her lap, "Alright my sweet one, not too long okay? You have to start getting ready for your show" she warns, holding back her grin of amusement when Camila all but scowls at her, obviously uninterested.

"Okay okay, mama will be quiet" she muses, shrugging off her jacket before easing up her shirt, only having a few seconds to get her hands out of the way before Camila was all but attacking her and latching on with no hesitation whatsoever.

"Mine" Camila slurs behind her mama's breast, her body relaxing in pure relief as her eyes begin to flicker shut. She knows she should probably attempt to stay up as you know, she was performing in just a few hours, but she just couldn't find it in her when her mama was filling all of her senses.

Thankfully that doesn't seem to be an issue as just twenty minutes later she was being forced to unlatch by mama herself, and as much as she wanted to stay and nurse forever, she was grateful she wasn't in charge of when she had to stop as she was sure there would be tears.

"Alright my lovely, it's time to go back to the venue now. Where did you throw your pants?"

Lauren shifts the small girl onto the couch and rises to her feet before beginning to look for said pants, and as soon as they were in her sight, she reaches for them and helps guide Camila's legs through the designated holes.

As soon as she had pulled them up and helped her with her shoes, she was lifting her up into her arms and carrying her through to the large building in front of them. If it wasn't for how clingy her baby got after nursing, she would have made her walk for the simple fact carrying her in public was a little risky.

No she wasn't worried about the girls fans, but she sure was worried about the heartless paparazzi who didn't care what they leaked as long as they get payed.

"Mama's got you baby, it's okay" she soothes when she feels the small girl tense in her arms, the cold air obviously having had warned her that she was no longer in the safety of the bus.

Thankfully makes it to the venue without incident, and as soon as she places Camila down onto her feet and presses a soft lingering kiss to her head, she was being lead away by what looked to be her makeup artist.

Time to amuse herself for a few hours.

**

I'm so sorry this is so bad, but I haven't updated this in a while so the storyline is a little all over the place for me.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it enough to tell me what you think!

Next chapter: 200 votes

Stay strong and take care of yourselves ❤️