Reaping Day: Kaitlyn, District 11

Name: Kaitlyn Huntington

Age: 15

Appearance: long dark brown curly hair, mesmerizing green eyes, light brown complexion(mixed) tall(5'9), toned & lean figure.

Personality: Innocent but flirty, shy, sweet, bubbly, loud, talkative, friendly, short tempered, funny and caring.

Played by: QuiQui22

___________

'I untangled myself from Tate's arms and got out of bed. He stirred and sleepily tried to reach for me but gave up when all he caught was air. I shook him lightly in an attempt to wake him. Today was the reaping day. Strangely enough, I was actually scared. Most people think I am fearless and uncaring but, that was just an act.

I didn't have much to live for. A peacekeeper killed my father publicly in the town square when I was only 11; for all eyes to see. My mother went mad and last year lost what shred of sanity she had left. She killed herself by overdosing on morphing and I was left an orphan. I didn't have any siblings so I was all alone.

The only person I had left in this world was my boyfriend, Tate. We were best friends since we were toddlers and started dating after my mothers death. I guess the fried brought us closer. Since I had nowhere else to go his family took me in and I've been living with them ever since.

Eventually, I got Tate up and we got ready for the reaping in silence. A dark cloud of unease was hanging over me and I knew he could feel it too. Something bad was going to happen, I was sure of it.

I smoothed down my navy blue halter dress and ruffled my soft curls. Tate's fingers intertwined with mine and I smiled up at him. We made our way to the square and signed in. He followed me as I made my way to the fifteen year old girls with a solemn expression on his face.

Suddenly, he grabbed my wrist and yanked me into his defined chest. Without wasting a single second, he leaned down and captured my mouth in a passionate kiss which I returned with just as much favour. We reluctantly pulled away and he stared into my eyes with so much vulnerability that I was taken aback.

"I just want you to know that I love you. I always have and I always will." He whispered. He placed a tender kiss on my forehead and walked away before I could utter a single word. I watched his retreating back as he made his way to the fifteen year old boys, confusion evident on my face. Before I could catch his attention our escort made her way onto the stage.

She said a little speech then played the same video that they played very single year. When the video finished she moved to the bowls.

"Gentleman, first." Huh. That was new. Usually they pick the female first, and then the male counterpart. I didn't hear the name they called but I breathed out a sigh of relief when I saw that it wasn't Tate. I began to relax. They wouldn't pick me this year.

"And now, the ladies." She felt around in the bowl and pulled out a slip. "Kaitlyn Huntington!" I looked around to see which poor girl got picked. I wasn't until Tate's horrified "No!" That everything sunk in.

"Kaitlyn Huntington?" She repeated again. I paled. I shakily made my way unto the stage and tried to appear brave. By the pitiful looks that everyone was casting my ways knew I was failing miserably. When I took my place on stage I scanned the audience. Two peacekeepers were holding back a hysteric Tate and the sight made my heart break.

Tate didn't handle death well. Even if it was just a pet gold fish he would mope around for weeks. Who knew what would happen if I were to die? It would kill him; literally. I didn't have a lot to live for but the one thing that was keeping me here on this earth was too important for me to give up on. I was going to try my hardest to win this thing.

I'd be damned if I let anyone take me away from my Tate.

-Kaitlyn(QuiQui22)