"Hey, aren't you the shitty bastard of thief who stole my money!"

A realization came across the man's face and then he laughed, "Yes! It's me! Thanks to you, His Highness took me in!"

Lin Xinglan's face twisted in endless hatred, to think she would meet the bastard here... She had always wanted to beat him up but seeing him with a sword, she decided against it. She had to save herself first, however, she didn't know how. She didn't know a thing about martial arts, how could she defeat an armored adult? She bit her lips in frustration and panic.

The man tightened his grip around the hilt of his sword as he walked closer and closer to her.

"Sta-Stay away from me!"

With that creepy smile on his face while holding a sword, there was no way Lin Xinglan could stay calm. Ignoring her shaky legs, she hastily stood up and tried to run away from the man. She didn't want to die and have her enemy take the treasure; she still hadn't shown Qiang Jingyi how well she did on obtaining the treasure for him.

The man chuckled like madman and ran after her.

Lin Xinglan knew she was doomed if she didn't do something quickly, she looked around as she ran and saw someone not far from her.

Her hope rose and she inhaled an amount of air before she loudly shouted, "Jingyi, help!"

Her loud voice immediately caught not only Qiang Jingyi, but also everyone else. Not caring about his surroundings, Qiang Jingyi instantly used his Qing Qong to run to her side as soon as he heard her voice asking for his help. His Lan was in danger and he needed to save her; he couldn't bear seeing her hurt.

The man caught up to Lin Xinglan, who had already used up her energy, and ridiculed her before he raised his sword and pointed the tip at her—showing that he was ready to finish her off. Lin Xinglan shut her eyes firmly. It was over, she knew. She was going to die and she had yet said goodbye to Qiang Jingyi and everyone else. How regretful, she thought.

She was waiting for the pain but it never came; instead, she felt someone lifting her up as her back touched something warm and hard. She opened her eyes in surprise to see an arm around her waist. Then, she looked up to see Qiang Jingyi's face, her eyes got teary at the sight. Qiang Jingyi had ran up to her and hugged her as soon as he grabbed her, and moved her away from the man.

"Jingyi, you..."

"Lan, it's alright. You're safe." Qiang Jingyi patted her head as to reassure her.

Lin Xinglan slowly nodded her head and then, she finally remembered about the man and looked in front of her only for her to witness Fu Hanyu killing the man. After pulling out his sword of the man, he turned around to face Lin Xinglan with a mocking expression.

"Tsk, how careless of you. How are you going to thank me for killing that disgusting man?"

Qiang Jingyi butted in and said, "She doesn't need to thank you. I could have saved her alone. No one asked for your help."

What Qiang Jingyi said was true; without Fu Hanyu, he could have saved Lin Xinglan without a problem.

Fu Hanyu ignored him and looked at Lin Xinglan, "Heh, you owe me one. Remember that."

Just when Lin Xinglan was about to genuinely thank Fu Hanyu, her eyes widened and her face paled as she reached her arm out, "Watch out-!"

Fu Hanyu was surprised and wanted to open his mouth but he suddenly felt a sharp pain coming from his back and chest. He lowered his head to see three arrows had pierced through him. As he moved, he coughed out blood and fell to the ground on his knees.

"Fu Hanyu!" Lin Xinglan shouted his name.

Hearing Lin Xinglan's voice calling for Fu Hanyu, Xavier looked over and he instantly cried out, "Young master!!"

He saw the arrows in his young master's body, he saw how his young master coughed out blood as he kneeled on the ground and took out the arrows while his injury kept bleeding nonstop. Ah, he was so scared, so afraid for his young master. But he was also furious—furious at the archer who shot him, furious at the woman his young master saved.

Lin Xinglan pulled away the manly arm around her waist and quickly went up to Fu Hanyu before he fell to the ground completely. She held him in her arms as her whole body trembled at the sight of him looking pale and tired.

"H-Hey, stupid Fu, you... Will you survive? You are going to be fine, right?" Her voice cracked as she had it difficult to talk with her trembling lips.

She watched Fu Hanyu slowly open his eyes and saw how he still had the energy to look at her as if he was ridiculing her—or maybe he did.

"Dumb woman, what's with your voice? So annoying..."

Lin Xinglan was shocked and angrily said, "You-! You are bleeding so much and you dare to still act like this?"

Fu Hanyu attempted to laugh but failed and coughed instead, "... Hah, to think I was done by someone weaker than me.... How frustrating..."

"This isn't something you should be worried over! Worry about your current state instead, will you?!"

Frowning, he annoyingly said, "Stop nagging already, woman." Although his voice showed annoyance, it was weak and coarse. "I'm totally-" fine, was what he wanted to say but the pain he felt had gone away. He couldn't feel anything but tiredness that slowly washed over his body.

"Ah, fuck...."

Fu Hanyu took a deep breath before he looked at Lin Xinglan for the last time, he couldn't describe the feeling of seeing her face. She wasn't crying but her eyes were a tad teary and she did seem like she was trembling. His eyebrows creased, he wanted to shove her face away from him with his hand. He didn't want to see such an ugly face before he lost his conscious forever. It was fortunately she didn't cry, he wouldn't handle that much of ugliness after all.

Lin Xinglan felt his body become overly cold, her eyes widened, "Stupid Fu Fu, you can't go to sleep... I still haven't thanked you so don't you dare leave!"

By now, his eyesight had became blurry and he was slowly losing focus. Fu Hanyu used his last breath and said:

"Dumb Xinglan, don't you forget me... I..."

However, before he could finish what he wanted to say to her, his eyes closed and he stopped breathing.

| |‿‿)っ🍵🍵🍵

All this handsome author has to say is that the next chapter is most likely the last main chapter. There will be 3 bonus chapters afterwards. 

*Coughs* 

Hope you had a happy reading ☆⌒(≧▽​° )