Chapter 62

Ignoring the glares he received from Qiang Jingyi's hidden guard, Xavier moved his gaze towards the other side of the circle and looked at his young master with a proud face. For them to easily get the treasure, their enemies were truly lacking in many aspects—or, it was simply because the young master was too strong. He was contented with his own thoughts and the sparkles in his eyes brightened.

"Young master, I succeeded!"

Fu Hanyu smiled, his eyes glanced at the little black figure before they landed on the man he wanted to kill.

"Well, well... It seems like you people are quite careless."

Qiang Jingyi looked at him coldly, his eyes grew colder and colder as the second went by, "And it seems like one can't get rid of pests so easily."

The smile on Fu Hanyu's face grew wider, he admitted; he was surprised that everything was what Yu Shun had told him. How he knew this much of information, Fu Hanyu had no idea but he was interested to know. It looked like there was going to be some interrogation after the show.

Lin Xinglan, who watched their little interaction, wanted to cry over the situation they were in. She didn't know what had happened, they were so close to get the treasure in their hands but somehow, it landed in their enemies'. Zaki Yaman and the others had worked hard to find the treasure by solving puzzles and that was what they got in return. How frustrating and hateful. The jade box was being held by the blonde haired man with his hood on that was connected to his black cloak he wore. He had a cocky grin, thinking their side had won—which only irritated her more. She hoped Shu Ya would teach Xavier a lesson.

She had been deep in her thoughts that she wasn't prepared when someone dragged her body. Zaki Yaman grabbed her arm and pulled her towards a safe spot nearby them; it was a bush big enough for Lin Xinglan to hide and not be seen.

Lin Xinglan whispered to Zaki Yaman, "Hey, what're you doing?"

He pressed her shoulders down and replied, "Little sister better be quiet and stay here. It's too dangerous for you to be out there as His Highness and I won't be able to watch over you."

His words stung her a bit but she knew he was right because she nothing but a common girl without any martial art skills. She peeked through the bush to see the armed people and sighed heavily.

"Okay. Big brother Zaki, please be careful."

Zaki Yaman gave her a smile and patted her head, "Thank you."

Lin Xinglan watched him stealthily leave her side to stay beside Qiang Jingyi and fight along with him. The night was cold, she hugged herself and watched Qiang Jingyi and Fu Hanyu fight against each other; Shu Ya against Xavier, and Zaki Yaman helped Qiang Jingyi's people to fight against Fu Hanyu's. If she was still in her original world and saw such scene, she would had probably screamed and fainted. But now, she didn't do any of them; she had seen many people get killed. The world she currently resided had feudalism; it was a normal thing for people to get killed. However, that didn't make her become completely numb towards such gruesome scene. She was scared and she felt sick, but not enough to have to look away.

Lin Xinglan had her eyes on Qiang Jingyi and Fu Hanyu; she couldn't hear what they were talking but she could clearly see their movements. Watching how they were interacting with other, there was a perplexing emotion inside her. Both were a part of her childhood. One was her childhood friend, and the other—her childhood enemy. It was clear that she was rooting for Qiang Jingyi but seeing them fight to death, she didn't know how to feel. Although she knew Qiang Jingyi was very strong, Fu Hanyu was a tricky person. Who knew what was going on inside his head.

They won't actually try to kill each other for real, right?

Lin Xinglan was anxious, she didn't want to think further about it and shook her head awake. She continued to watch them while hiding behind a bush.