Chapter 60

To not alert enemies and other possible threats, the fourth prince of Qin only took a small army with him as his hidden guards silently followed after them in the shadows. Zaki Yaman took the lead when it came to the map, since the one who kept researching and examining the map was him, he was the one who knew about it the best. Zaki Yaman rubbed his cheek as he quietly complaining to himself, he felt that Qiang Jingyi left him a huge task with a great responsibility without even praising him for his hard work.

They were currently taking a break as their horses needed to rest and get fed before they could continue to travel. Lin Xinglan thought that she almost died when she rode a horse with Qiang Jingyi, although she had ridden a horse before in her past life, she only sat on the horse and let it slowly walk as the instructor helped guiding her.

When she sat in front of Qiang Jingyi as he rode his war horse in great speed she was so scared that she kept shouting at Qiang Jingyi to slow down. Eventually, Qiang Jingyi slowed down, Lin Xinglan's face was pale as her body trembled and feeling her tremble, Qiang Jingyi got worried, he hugged her tighter as he whispered comforting words in her ear.

Spotting Lin Xinglan sitting near a river, Zaki Yaman grinned and walked up to her, he had perfectly heard her screaming in fright when they were riding. Thinking that she was still in fright, he wanted to scare her just a little bit by pretending to push her down into the river.

However, what he didn't expect was that, as soon as he touched her shoulder, his arm was grabbed, catching him off guard and then, he was suddenly pulled into the river. Zaki Yaman was stunned at the rapid action, his eyes bulged and shock was written all over his face when he landed in the water. He was speechless as he dumbly stared at Lin Xinglan.

Lin Xinglan gasped and immediately helped Zaki Yaman to stand up, ignoring that her lower legs got wet. Fortunately, the river wasn't deep and violent.

"Big brother Zaki, Xinglan is so sorry! Xinglan didn't mean for this to happen!"

Only feeling that someone touched her shoulder, Lin Xinglan spontaneously pulled the arm towards the river. What she did was completely a reflex so she wasn't able to stop midway when she saw who the arm belonged to.

Still in his shock state, Zaki Yaman dazedly spoke, "Ah, yes..."

"Big brother?" Lin Xinglan waved her hand in front of his eyes.

Zaki Yaman slightly shook his head and regained his focus, he looked at Lin Xinglan, "Little sister, I didn't know you had such a fast reflex!"

He only had to touch her shoulder for a second and she already made her move, his little sister was sure full of surprises. Zaki Yaman wondered if Qiang Jingyi knew about it, either way, it seemed like Lin Xinglan had the talent to learn martial arts.

An awkward expression appeared in Lin Xinglan's face upon listening to Zaki Yaman, "You're mistaken, big brother..."

"Huh?"

Lin Xinglan sighed, "I don't have fast reflexes."

"But little sister, you just-"

"That doesn't count." She refuted, "Whenever someone touches me from behind when I'm near a water place such as river, or lake, I always pull them down into the water."

Zaki Yaman was confused, "Huh? How come?"

Pursing her lips, Lin Xinglan tactfully changed the topic, "Hurry, we need to go back before Jingyi gets worried. Big brother, do you dare to make him worry?"

Hearing this, Zaki Yaman shook his head and dramatically cried out, "Make his highness worry? Are we living in a dream?"

When Lin Xinglan and Zaki Yaman walked back to the place they stopped at to rest, Qiang Jingyi looked at them with his unusual cold pair of eyes that said he wasn't pleased. Both of them could only hang their heads low as they pitifully went to change their soaked clothes to dry ones.