Chapter 26

The court officials kowtowed to the Emperor who sat on the dragon throne inside the Imperial court.

"May the Emperor live for 10 000 years!"

"Rise."

The Emperor looked at the court officials whose backs were sweating from being anxious.

"Today, We expect Our subjects to tell Us where exactly is Our prime minister of left."

The minister of Justice came forward and said, "Replying to His Majesty, This... This subject couldn't find the whereabout of Prime Minister An..."

Before he could finish speaking, the Emperor slammed his fist on the golden desk with a dark expression showing on his face.

"It has been more than 10 days, and you're telling Us you found nothing?!" The Emperor yelled and looked around, "No one?! Bunch of useless, why do We need you if you can't even do your work properly!"

The officials shrank from fear and anxiety, their foreheads were dripping sweat beads.

They kowtowed, "May your majesty calm your dragon body and please forgive your subjects for being inefficient!"

The Emperor calmed down and waved his hand, "Since no officials seem to be capable for this task then how do you want Us to handle it."

Before the Emperor could continue what he planned to say, the fourth prince walked in the middle of the hall, and kowtowed in front of the Emperor.

"This fourth prince greets the Emperor." Qiang Jingyi greeted respectfully but his voice carried too much of an unfamiliar and cold tone for the Emperor's liking.

"What does the fourth prince want to say?"

"Replying to His Majesty, this fourth prince wants to suggest someone to take over the task."

The Emperor raised his eyebrow, "Oh, and who would that be?"

With his calm demeanor, Qiang Jingyi answered, "The crown prince."

Most of the court officials began to murmur, whispering to one another. They didn't know what the fourth prince was thinking, having the crown prince to take over the mission would only be ludicrous. After all, who didn't know the crown prince was an arrogant and foolish one.

While it was true he had some intelligence and power, it was an open secret that he was a debauchee that didn't care about the politics and never liked to work. The only reason he held the crown prince rank was because the Emperor favored him the most.

"Silence!" The Emperor shouted and when the noise had ceased, he continued, "Tell Us, fourth prince, why do you choose the crown prince?"

Qiang Jingyi bowed his head, "Since none of the officials can handle the matter, why not let the crown prince take over it? This fourth prince looks up to the crown prince, thinking that the crown prince is someone powerful, intelligent and hardworking. With his wonderful strength, this fourth prince doesn't think the mission will be difficult for the crown prince to handle. In truth, this fourth prince looks forward to see the crown prince succeed after all, it is the crown prince we are talking about."

The people inside the Imperial court, other than the Emperor, immediately wanted to spit out blood when they heard the fourth prince complimenting the crown prince. They wanted to raise their voice in objection, because honestly, they all knew the fourth prince was talking nonsense.

Everything the fourth prince had said about the crown prince were nothing but lies. Was it even okay for a prince to easily lie to the Emperor?!

However, they didn't have the chance to speak up when the Emperor suddenly laughed out loud.