Chapter 17

Lin Xinglan was in an extremely bad mood, so bad that she took a day off from work and everyone working there knew she had never skipped work before unless necessary. Main Chef Taitai felt that something was missing, it was strange to not scold the little co-worker.

Lin Xinglan had stayed in her room ever since she came back from a morning errand, when they saw her walking down the stairs, some servants immediately asked if she was feeling well, even the strict and professional main chef went up to her.

"Did something happen in the morning when you went out?" Lin Xinglan could hear his rough voice.

She looked at him and then sighed, without saying anything back she went to sit on a chair and buried her head into her crossed arms against the table. Taitai knitted his brows, it seemed like she was feeling down. Because he saw how she didn't want to tell him, he went back to work after saying some comforting words.

Saying she was feeling down was an understatement, she was actually heartbroken, enraged and resentful at the same time. Who knew she would get robbed on her way back from the morning errand, that damned robber snatched all of her money she had on, and the point was, it wasn't little.

Lin Xinglan had wanted to go back as soon as possible so she took a shortcut and as she walked, she got stopped by someone. It was a dirty poor looking man, he was a beggar living in the dark alley that was right beside the shortcut. He saw Lin Xinglan walking, she didn't look bad and by the way she acted, she looked to be a young lady with a high status which meant that she had money.

Seeing her alone, the man smirked and decided to rob the girl. He stopped her and threatened her with a scabby knife, she could only reluctantly give up all of her money if she didn't want to die. As soon as the man grabbed her pouch, he quickly ran away, afraid that someone would see them.

You couldn't blame the man for mistaking Lin Xinglan for being a young lady with a high status, her mother from past life had taught her a little etiquette because she thought Lin Xinglan was acting too unrefined. Her mother told her she didn't have to learn anymore if she could show her some improvements, which Lin Xinglan unwillingly did her best to complete the tasks.

So after a year of harsh training, when her mother saw her acting refined enough, she allowed her to quit. It wasn't like Lin Xinglan was an expert in etiquette but she learned enough to be at least decent in it.

Because of all the lessons, even if she forgot more than half of everything she learned, it became a habit for her to properly act when doing small movements such as walking. Her parents of this life never noticed this kind of thing because they would always be with her so they hadn't thought much, however, the owner actually did but he didn't question her.

If Lin Xinglan had the chance to prove that she wasn't some young lady, the robber would only scoff after seeing the money in her pouch. After all, Lin Xinglan earned three times the normal salary and that wasn't little at all. The normal salary was enough for a small family to be able to live well for a full month.

Lin Xinglan wanted to beat up the robber but unfortunately, he got a knife and she disliked pain so she could only give in. Although unwillingly giving away her money to a stranger was something she refused to do but, getting stabbed by a knife, then getting robbed in any case, and possibly die from blood loss wasn't also something she wanted to happen.

In the end, she could only curse the robber to death, the next time she saw him, she would beat him up real bad and then demand him to give back her money. Whether he still had the money or not was his own problem, and if she couldn't beat him up like she wanted to, she could always ask someone to do it in her place.

The loss was something that made her heart cry in pain, she couldn't believe how stupid she was to take a shortcut, moreover a shortcut near a dark alley where beggars usually reside. She didn't think enough and got herself robbed, she had hoped someone would save her, like a knight in shining armor but no, that didn't happen. This wasn't some fantasy novel where some cheesy and corny shit would happen.

She immediately blacklisted the robber even if she didn't know who he was, she still remembered his appearance so that was enough.

She was lucky that she didn't take all her money with her, she had only taken half of her money and the other half was hidden in her room, the black cat acting like a guardian. Whenever he laid in front of the hidden place, and she came near it, he was always on his guard.

She gloomily ordered a cup of tea and silently drank it. After she was done, she felt much better, the tea calmed her down a little but it was better than nothing. Lin Xinglan made up her mind, she would no longer stay depressed and miss out the work because no work meant no money, so when she saw that she still got time to work, she went to the owner to tell him that she changed her mind.

Someday she would deliver karma to that robber, he dared to rob her so she was daring to pay him back.

Just wait, you fucking little robber.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

As you all noticed, Lin Xinglan actually swears a lot inside. Not much on the outside though.