"I kissed your forehead," I rolled my eyes. "I didn't even lick that disgusting skin of yours like I'm sure you've let Mr. Loy and who knows whatever other men you've laid with has done."

Immediately Jaeun's talon like nails were digging into my shoulders and I winced. "Shut up, girl," she hissed venomously. "We've got all the witnesses we need to prove that you and Taehyung are culprits of attempted murder.  We'll keep you alive, of course, until those three months are up so I can be free from you. And then I'll let you to the mercy of the law, whatever it takes, to rid you from my life once and for all."

An animalistic growl escaped my throat as I ripped myself from her and stepped back, baring my teeth.

"There's still that journal," I reminded her, "and when the police find it, they'll know the truth."

Jaeun burst into a gut-twisting cackle. "Why, my husband threw that out a week ago. The police will find nothing."

Suddenly, a sharp knock on the waiting room door interrupted Jaeun and I. I worked my jaw helplessly as I stared at Jaeun's victorious grin as the police officer stood up to answer the door.

"What the—" the officer jolted in surprise.

"Move aside pal," a familiar, filled with annoyance and authority, snapped back.

My jaw fell open as I stared wide eyed as no other than Jin brushed into the waiting room past the gaping officer with as much dignity as he could hobbling on his support stick.

Jaeun also frowned, deep creases forming in her forehead. "Jin," she called in a low, deadly calm voice. "What are you doing here?"

Jin shot Jaeun a merciless, dark look before glancing at me.

My throat closed as I stared at the wide-shouldered man for a few seconds as he sat down heavily on one of the chairs to catch his breath a little, leaning on his stick as his ribs were obviously still giving him pain.

Did he truly agree to betray us?

Then, a sharp intake of breath from Jaeun caused me to avert my attention to the doorway and my heart skipped a beat at the person who entered.

"Su....yo?" I breathed in shock as walking perfume shop 1.0 entered in surprisingly casual jeans and winter coat. So much for leaving Korea.

Right after her filed in Namjoon, Hoseok, Jungkook, Jimin, and Yoongi followed by several other unfamiliar men and a few women.

"Now hold on!" the police officer cried, finally getting over the shock of the new crowd. "What's going on here?"

The other door to the waiting room popped open and Taehyung, Mr. Loy, and the police officers stepped out.

Mr. Loy came up short as his eyes landed on Suyo (who adjusted a ring on her hand, not so subtly flipping him off briefly during the process). "What the-"

"Gentlemen, ladies," one of the police officers stepped forward with a stern grimace. "I'm going to have to ask all of you to leave politely, lest we use force to remove you all from premises."

"Not so fast, Officer Yan!" A iron-fisted voice called out and the police officers straightened as yet another police officer appeared from the newly, uninvited mob in the waiting room.

This police officer was obviously higher ranked compared to the other and he looked like someone had just stolen candy from his baby: pissed beyond measure.

"Deputy Jackson Wang," the officers dipped their heads a little in respect.

The Deputy of Police, Wang, was not having it. He strode forward, carrying a flimsy paper which he slammed onto the desk of Officer Yan. "Tell me, officer," Wang's voice was low and deadly. "Why is there a illegal transact between you and Lacune of $10,000 from last night?"