24~I Should Stop Calling Him A-hole

I sat awkwardly on the couch as Taehyung leaned his back against the door, head bowed slightly, his hair obscuring his face.

It had been about twenty minutes since Taehyung officially breaking up with Suyo. About ten minutes since said walking perfume shop woman had stopped pounding on the door, crying for Taehyung.

"She wasn't always like this."

I started a little at Taehyung's deep voice.

"What?" I blinked.

Taehyung slowly looked up, eyes looking weary. "Suyo," his voice was soft. "She wasn't always like this. She had just gotten out of an abusive relationship and I found her outside my business building bloody and beaten."

My gut twisted a little just imagining this.

"I took her to the hospital. She needed serious medical attention because several of her ribs had been broken from her former boyfriend's kicking at her. She had severe anxiety attacks at the worst moments because of traumatic memories would come. I let her stay at my apartment for a few months for her to recuperate."

Now Taehyung made his way towards me before collapsing next to me. I didn't even complain when he turned to lay his head on my lap. Exhaustion like never before was written all over his face. His eyes were closed, lashes brushing his skin endearingly.

"She had been so grateful for letting me take care of her. I started dating her after about another month. I helped her get a good job as a fashion designer."

I hesitantly brushed some hair away from his forehead, half trying to comfort him half because the urge to do so was too great to ignore. He seemed to enjoy the feeling as I felt some of his muscles relax a little.

"Her boyfriend came back about six months ago, and she got really clingy," Taehyung's eyes opened a little, though he didn't look at me. "Even when he was arrested for domestic violence, she remained clingy. She's always had her faults for money, partying, sex, and handsome men, but I forgave her near the beginning because she'd been through a lot of shit."

I felt Taehyung's body contract a little as he took a deep breath only to let out a heavy sigh.

"But when it became clearer and clearer she wasn't going to change, my feelings started to change," Taehyung's gaze finally met mine. "I don't hate her, Y/N. I just don't like her in that sense anymore. I still care for her, despite all her flaws, but I no longer want her to be known as my girlfriend nor the other way around."

My mouth felt dry at his ethereal beauty inches away from my own face as well as the deepness of his words, revealing even more beauty within him. "You're so much different than I first thought you were," I murmured half in a trance.

Taehyung's eyes widened and instantly I realized the implication of my words.

"Crap," I muttered, and I quickly shoved Taehyung's head off my lap before leaping up and scurrying out of the room, my face flushing up.

I didn't even make it halfway down the hall when someone grabbed my wrist and jerked me back to him. My back crashed into a rock hard chest and arms laced around me to hold me tight.

"Let go of me," I got out, my body flushing against him. Yet I didn't have it in me to actually struggle to get myself free.

Not that it would've done much anyways.

"Repeat what you just said," Taehyung breathed above my head.

I shook my head, but his arms around me tightened.

"Y/N," he growled lowly.

I briefly shut my eyes. "I've always hated rich people," my words came out in just a whisper, but Taehyung could still hear me because everything else was silent around us. "It didn't matter whether I knew the person or not. I just hated them."