Chapter 14. ~ Nathan.

I couldn't believe how stupid I was to not see it coming, and much less, to don't know that something was actually happening. I couldn't stop clenching my jaw in anger I felt  towards myself and my hands were always clenched into fists throughout the flight from Los Angeles to Boston. 

—Could you please explain to me why the hell did I spend $600 on a plane ticket? —Roxanne exclaimed, removing her crossed arms from her chest as I walked out of the airport. She looked a little altered.  

—I promise I'll pay, and I'll explain while we are in the car. —I walked past her in the hopes that she would follow me. 

—Anyway, you got a place to stay tonight? If you want, you can stay in my apartment. —She said looking around. Finally she stopped her eyes on Josh, who made ​​a hand signal for us to walk toward him. 

The truth was that I'm not sure sure if I am going to sleep, much less if I'll actually spend the night in one place. —It would be the best, thanks. —I answered. 

I said hello to Josh and he helped me put my stuff in the burgundy pick-up. —This should better be something important, bro, this truck isn't mine and I'm supposed to be in the hospital right now. 

I sighed and tried to calm down. —Do you consider Ashley an important person in your life? 

He looked at me as if the answer was obvious. —Sure, she's my best friend. 

—Then you don't have to regret anything. 

Finally we got in the car and Josh drived out of the hospital's parking lot. 

Roxanne watched me over her shoulder from the passenger seat. She let out a sigh and smiled with little patience. —Now, could you please tell me what's going on? 

I clenched my jaw a little more. —I think Ashley's in trouble. —I ran my hands through my hair. 

—Yes, I think you said that already before—. Roxanne answered and turned completely towards me—. You'll have to be a little more specific this time. 

I let air through my nose. I was so altered, but I didn't want to be rude to anyone. —Josh, I need you to take us Ashley's dorm. 

—Why? —He asked, laying his eyes on me in the rearview mirror. 

—Just... I need you to do it. 

—Damn it, Nathan. Could you please explain what's happening!? You're not the only one who cares about Ashley. —Roxanne said, her eyes wide. 

—Listen, Roxanne. I think someone has Ashley—

Roxanne interrupted me. —Having her as in kidnapped?

My heart cringed. I couldn't process it. —Yes, something like that.

Roxanne gasped and Josh put his hand on her leg. —What makes you think that? —He asked me. 

—I'm not 100% sure, maybe I'm just being extremely paranoid, so I need to check her room. 

Roxanne saw me with disgust. —How can you jump to conclusions so serious so fast, when you're not even sure? You scared me a lot. —She said—. Maybe your paranoia just cost me $600. 

I sighed and tried to calm down. Women, sometimes they manages to get on my nerves. I took my wallet out of my pocket and opened it right on the separation where the bills were. I counted 6 $100 bills and gave them to Roxanne, my smile lacking some patience. —Yeah, there you go. I owe you nothing now, you happy?

Roxanne took the money a little offended. —Why do you carry so much money around with you?—I ignored the question and ran my hands through my hair once again—. Let's see, Nathan, then why do you think that?