Chapter 4. ~ Ashley.

I never imagined I would be one of those stereotypical characters in action movies that are sitting in a chair, their limbs all tied together with a rope piercing slowly their skin and leaving red-hot, their mouths covered with a piece  plastic tape, until I woke up that morning.

Again, I felt extremely dizzy when I opened my eyes and discover it was daytime and the sun's rays flooded the room where I was, which, I now saw, had furniture except that it was all  hidden under white sheets. The weather was cold as usual and it chilled me to the bone. The tranquility that reigned the forest of skinny, naked trees around us was somewhat eerie and mysterious, and I didn't like it at all. 

I breathed the air that pierced my nose with a stab of cold and tried to remain calm as I realized I was totally immobilized.

Just then, I heard the engine of a car approaching and my heart raced. I wanted to scream, because maybe if it was someone who was passing by, I had the chance and the opportunity to be taken away from this sinister place. The sound faded, along with my chance of being rescued.

I tried to remember what had happened: after leaving work, someone had brought me here. Until now, I didn't know who it was, but something told me it was Patrick. I mean, other than I was extremely sure he was the one who had tied me this way, there was a strong possibility that it could have also been someone else. I was not fully aware.

I remembered him when I told him that our fake relationship was over. He had given me a look that chilled my bones, something that, for the first time, gave me a horrible fear and I preferred not to think about that. I remembered him, months ago in the campus, when I ran into him on my way to Josh's graduation act, running his eyes up and down my body, making me feel weird in my own organism...

Why would he do that? Just to scare me?

Because the truth was that I was not scared. Not scared about him or anyone. I knew he was not able to do more than this, nothing more than keeping me here. At the end of the day, I knew he was still aware of our friendship. 

Perhaps this was because of another thing, like some sort of blackmailing. 

I stopped breathing when I saw Patrick entering on the other side of the small cabin. He was wearing a leather jacket with blue jeans and boots. He was carrying a blue traslucent bag with him. He turned towards me and smiled his creepy smile.

I strangled him mentally.

He walked towards me and when he was in front of me, he leaned forward. The hot air coming out of his nose stuck against my lips and made my heart race. He just looked into my eyes, and I tried not to show him that I was nervous. 

He turned around and walked to where he had left the blue bag.

—It's about time you woke up, princess. —He said with a voice that spilled acid— you've left me with no one to talk to for 2 days.

2 days?!? I had been asleep for 2 days!?

My stomach lurched.

—I think I gave you too much of that drug. 

He was drugging?! The bastard was drugging me?

I felt an almost imperceptible ball of fear forming in the back of my throat.

Unconsciously, I began to twist my hands inside the rope that tied my wrists together, causing the chair where I was sitting at move from one side to the other. 

Get me out of here!, I wanted to scream, but the words bounced off my shut mouth and a muffled sound came out of my throat.

Patrick was doing something with the bag and I saw his half-smiling profile, something that caused me nausea. I took a deep breath, trying to swallow the anger I felt at the time.