Lyra suddenly started sniffing again as she closed her eyes. And then she burst into tears making Sesshomaru do a confused double take.

"Why are you crying again?"
"Be-aus-he-rowan-up-an-I-"
"I can't understand you."

She took a few deep breaths to calm her crying as she fanned her face with her hand. Once she was calm enough, she looked at Sesshomaru with glazed eyes.

"I'm crying because he's growing up and I can't deal with it."
He cupped her cheek and wiped her tears away with his thumb. "You can't expect him to stay as a baby forever."
She sniffed, frowning at him again. "He'll always be my baby."
"I am not saying he won't be. However, he will eventually grow up but he will always be yours."
"Okay..."

She looked at Mikazuki he again as he was beginning to stir, stretchinh his arms up above his head. Slowly, he opened his eyes and when he saw Lyra, he instantly smiled.

"Mama!" he cheered.
Lyra laughed softly as a tear fell down her cheek. "Yes, mama's here."
He got up and held her cheeks with his small hands. "Mama ky-ing," he said with concern, still not able to say the word properly. "Sowwy."
She smiled and shook her head. "No, Mikazuki. I'm just happy."

Whilst still holding her cheeks, he puckered his lips and kissed the tip of her nose. It was a habit he had of doing and Lyra just loved it.

"Mikazuki, remember the baby in mama's tummy? Well, the baby is out now," she told him. "But there was two of them. One of them was hiding."
"Baby brudda."
She laughed and nodded. "That's right. Do you want to see them?"

He nodded. Sesshomaru stood up and held his hand out to Mikazuki. He got off Lyra's lap and held his father's hand. He walked off to the cot while Lyra watched his reaction. He was still a bit too short to see over the edge of the cot so Sesshomaru lifted him up. Mikazuki seemed amazed upon seeing two little babies sleeping in what used to be his bed.

He pointed at each of them. "One. Two," he counted before clapping excitedly. "Yay!" he cheered as he lifted his hands up.
"That's correct, Mikazuki," Sesshomaru said. "Ryu and Rai."
"Wyu and Wai," he repeated.
Sesshomaru couldn't help it and kissed his cheek. "Such a clever boy. Will you look after them?"
"Yes, dada!"
Lyra placed her hand over her heart. "My baby boy's so great!"

Mikazuki suddenly climbed down from Sesshomaru's lap before running back to Lyra. But instead of getting on her lap, he sat on the bed beside her and pulled the quilt over him.

Lyra laughed and looked at Sesshomaru. "He's taken your space."
"Nonsense." Sesshomaru walked over and sat on the other side of Mikazuki. "I can still fit."

Mikazuki suddenly started pushing Sesshomaru and clutching onto Lyra's arm.

"No! My mama!"

Sesshomaru and Lyra found his behaviour odd. He had buried his face into her side and was gripping onto her sleeve.

"What's the matter, Mikazuki?" Sesshomaru asked.
Lyra frowned softly. "I think he might be jealous."
"There's nothing for him to be jealous about."
She sighed. "I know but he's only three. He can already sense that my time will have to be split between him and the twins."
Sesshomaru gently stroked the top of Mikazuki's head. "He will get used to it. I will focus more of my attention on him."
She nodded. "I think that will be best."

She put her arm around him and cuddled with him so he knew she still loved him the same. She never thought about the jealousy side of things before but it made sense. He got all of their attention for three whole years and that would suddenly be taken away from him.

They both knew it was a delicate situation and their parenting skills were truly about to be tested.

***

Later that day, everyone came to visit Lyra and the twins. There was definitely a lot of fuss over them. However, Lyra had requested everyone to give a little attention to Mikazuki. She didn't want him to think that everyone had forgotten about him because of his little brothers. Of course, they were all great with him too.

Even though the well had opened up again, Kanda chose to remain in the feudal era. He had decided to go back only to let his family know that he was safe and to explain what had happened. He also wanted to take Sabu there one day to meet his family. However, he felt as though he had found a permanent home in the feudal era.

Inuyasha and Kagome soon got married and lived their lives happily. Kagome trained to be a priestess under Kaede's teachings and Rin had grown close to them too.

Sesshomaru began taking Mikazuki out of the palace a lot more. Not only did he want their bond to grow while Lyra was busy with the twins, he wanted to begin teaching him the ways of the world. Sesshomaru had taken on his role as the Lord of the West. He controlled the lands, ensuring that other demons were not unnecessarily causing havoc and killing humans. If they did, he would get rid of them. Respect grew for him amongst demons and humans alike and Lyra couldn't have felt more proud. She couldn't believe how much he had changed since she first met him. She often reminisced the days when they first crossed paths. And now, they were married and had three young boys.

Life had only just begun.

(This is not the last chapter! There's one more to come so the next chapter will be the the last one.)