Chapter 6

Lyra was introduced to a little fox demon named Shippo, who she found extremely adorable. He was also travelling as part of their group. Sango's little companion, Kirara, was super cute as well. It reminded her of her own cat back home.

Inuyasha had picked up on a scent and so he was now on his hands and knees, sniffing around on the ground whilst everyone else followed patiently.

"What's the matter, Inuyasha?" Shippo asked, sitting on the back of Kagome's bike. "Isn't this the right direction?"
"Shut up! Stop yacking and let me concentrate," Inuyasha yelled in frustration.
"Sniffing around on all fours won't get us closer to Naraku's castle," Sango pointed out.
Inuyasha then looked up at Lyra. "Can't you use your oracle powers to find out where Naraku is?"
Lyra sighed, folding her arms. "For the last time, I don't know how to control it yet. And I am in no rush to know who this Naraku is either."
"Ugh, damn it all." He frowned.
"Maybe your nose isn't working right now," Shippo said. "Tonight is the first night, remember?"
Kagome's eyes widened in realisation. "Right, tonight's the night of the new moon."
"Why is that so significant?" Lyra asked.
"On the night of the new moon, Inuyasha becomes fully human and loses his demonic abilities," Kagome explained. "Inuyasha, let's not do anything rash tonight. Even if we do find Naraku's castle you can't fight without your powers."
Inuyasha continued sniffing. "We've made it this far. I ain't hold back now."
"Let's get real. We can't do anything hasty."

The sound of wind whooshing suddenly began and it gradually became louder. Turning, they saw a small cyclone heading their way. Lyra's eyes narrowed at the strange phenomenon. It was too small to cause any damage, simply only disturbing fallen leaves and stones on the ground as it headed towards them. It went over Inuyasha, making him drop to ground, before coming to a stop in front of Kagome.

The winds fell and revealed a young guy with black hair and brown eyes. His hair was tied up and he wore a fur headband, including fur pelts. His body was shielded with an armour and Lyra couldn't help but notice his bushy tail.

'Another demon?'

"Yo, Kagome," he greeted her with a flirtatious smile. "It's great to see you again."
"Koga! It's you again," she said in surprise.

Inuyasha was sprawled across the ground on his face after being trampled on. Lyra observed the newcomer and could already tell that this demon had some sort of a crush on Kagome. Not only that, there seemed to be a feud between himself and Inuyasha.

"Hey, mutt," Koga said to Inuyasha. "Followed the scent around here too, did ya?"
"Mangy wolf," Inuyasha grumbled.

He looked as though he was struggling to get himself up off the ground until he suddenly tried to unleash his sword on the wolf demon.

"I'm gonna kill you!" he yelled angrily.
"Sit boy!"

Kagome's command caused some sort of force to smash Inuyasha down to the ground. Lyra's eyes widened at what just occurred but nonetheless, she began giggling.

"You think that's funny, do ya?!" Inuyasha shot an angry glare at her.

Lyra continued laughing quietly to herself, bringing her hand up to cover her giggling. It was at that point Koga had noticed her, taking him back in surprise.

"Hey, Kagome. Who's she?" he asked.
"Oh! Koga, I'd like you to meet my cousin. Her name's Lyra."
Koga went over to Lyra and took hold of her hand in his. "Well, Lyra, it's nice to meet a beautiful relative of Kahome's," he said with his casual smirk.
"Uhh... Thanks, I guess," she replied awkwardly.
"But I'm sorry I've gotta break it to you; Kagome's already stolen my heart."
Lyra glanced at Kagome, who was smiling in embarrassment, before looking back at Koga. "As much as that is a shame," she feigned hurt, "I don't mind. Kagome deserves you more."
Koga smiled. "Thanks for understanding."
"No problem," she said holding back her laughter.